Clueless Alert: Macron Says He Needs An Army To Defend France From The United States

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Displaying a dazzling lack of connection with reality and utter contempt for the United States, last week French President Emmanuel Macron called for creating an independent European army.

The timing of Macron’s remarks is also baffling. He said this just days before the centennial commemoration of the end of the First World War. One hundred years ago, the United States of America deployed 2.1 million men to Europe to expel the German Imperial Army from France, Belgium, and Luxembourg. The war was nearly lost to the Germans in 1917 after the French army mutinied and Czarist Russia quit the war as a result of the Bolshevik (Communist) Revolution.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/11/12...-says-needs-army-defend-france-united-states/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Dems flashy thingied Macron, too.

Now would be an excellent time for Germany to invade France again. Lafayette, we are no longer here.

Hijinx

The Dems flashy thingied Macron, too.

Now would be an excellent time for Germany to invade France again. Lafayette, we are no longer here.

We saved their asses in 2 wars so they could give heir country to the Muslims.
Eventually there will be a European Army against America. It will be made up of Muslims that are running Europe.

Macro is as full of sh1t as a Christmas Goose.

Smokey1

Reminds me of an old joke.

A Frenchman was in England on vacation and was watching the Royal Guards in their bright red uniforms parading around the palace. Curious about parade he asked an English man why the soldiers wore red uniforms. The man replied that is if they get wounded in battle the blood wouldn't show up. You know, the same reason the French army wears brown trousers.

Toxick

Splat
The timing of Macron’s remarks is also baffling.

I'm fairly certain it's supposed to be baffling.
He's taking a page out of the Trump handbook.

Say some ####, whether it's true or not, whether you believe it or not. And then when all the nitpickers, naysayers and pedants break out the microscopes and anal-probes you merrily go on about your business, laughing at the chaos that ensues.

Talk, it seems, is becoming exceedingly cheap - and it didn't start very dear to begin with.

SamSpade

No, I don't get this at all. They're claiming and whining that they can't meet the goals - that they AGREED to.

So they're content to have us pay for it all while they piss their own money away on their social programs.
Ever have a kid complain he can't pay for his own gas to get to work or his own insurance?
But has tons of money to spend on himself and his junk food, video games and other crap?

THEY chose to forego paying for their OWN defense because WE were doing it for them.
And then - they got used to us paying FOR them.
THEN they have the brass to call us selfish to NOT pay for them.

If they were my kid, I'd be packing their bags.