ungrateful millionaires in DC

GregV814

So, this pompous butt headed, not standing for the National Anthem, poorly educated millionaire has this to say...

Redskins safety D.J. Swearinger, who is nine games into his second season with Washington, didn’t hold back when asked Monday about the home crowds at FedEx Field.

Because he doubled down on his teammate, Josh Norman’s, thoughts on the crowds in D.C. during an appearance on a Washington sports radio station:

Redskins safety D.J. Swearinger agreed with Norman on Monday, telling 106.7 The Fan’s Grant Paulsen and Danny Rouhier, “I would rather play on the road, too.”

“You would?” Paulsen asked.

“Most definitely,” Swearinger said.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I haven't watched much NFL since Steve Grogan retired in 1990.
These guys are giving me no reason to start up again.

PeoplesElbow

If you look at the stands there are often as many fans of the away team as the home team, so its somewhat understandable.

Grumpy

So, this pompous butt headed, not standing for the National Anthem, poorly educated millionaire has this to say...

Redskins safety D.J. Swearinger, who is nine games into his second season with Washington, didn’t hold back when asked Monday about the home crowds at FedEx Field.

Because he doubled down on his teammate, Josh Norman’s, thoughts on the crowds in D.C. during an appearance on a Washington sports radio station:

Redskins safety D.J. Swearinger agreed with Norman on Monday, telling 106.7 The Fan’s Grant Paulsen and Danny Rouhier, “I would rather play on the road, too.”

I think most NFL players(and the idiot commissioner) didn't realize their status as 'gods' to most fans would take a tumble when they decided to get political, or turn a blind eye to their political team mates. That coupled with the expense of tickets, $50 parking, $12 beers, $10 cheesebiscuits..etc and big screen TVs is doing a job on the NFL. Watch a few games on TV and you will see a ton of empty seats. Good teams will always travel well (re: Swearingers complaint about invaders in our stands), but string a few bad seasons and fans find better things to do than spend hundreds traveling to away games. The Skins don't put a good product on the field (50k waiting list for tix down to nil nowadays)

This Redskins team may be 6-3 but it's a very suspect 6-3..what team is gonna show up?? The team that beat Carolina, Green Bay or the team that laid huge eggs against the Colts/Falcons/Saints? Even in the games they have won, seems to me that they got by on the other teams mistakes There is absolutely nothing to get excited about with this current team, hell, George Allen's teams were more exciting than this one. I watch them but don't go to games anymore. Even at 6-3, I would be very surprised if we make the playoffs, and if we do, we'll be cannon fodder for who ever we play in the 1st round.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If you look at the stands there are often as many fans of the away team as the home team, so its somewhat understandable.

Also a lot of fans disguised as empty seats, as my wife puts it. She does watch a lot of sports.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

10 seasons after retiring, most are employed as a greeter at Walmart, when they go broke.

Hannibal

The product on the field is terrible. They have a Band-Aid at QB who was their solution to royally F'ing up the Kirk Cousins contract debacle. His claim to fame is that "he won't win you a game - but he won't lose you a game." They have high dollar contracts who don't produce (theme for the Skins) such a Kerrigan, Norman, etc. They are just as inclined to beat a good team as they are to lose to a bad one. Their losses are downright pathetic. Even some of their wins are terrible (we scored a whopping 16 points Sunday!). They have a front office who has written the Bible on professional sports ineptitude. Their decisions/interviews are mocked by even the local sports shows.

This is exactly the type of team I want to spend my money on. Nothing better than waiting to get into a parking lot. Paying a stupid amount to park. Walk the mile(s) to the stadium where myself and my children are bombarded by the drunk rantings of those who see Sunday as reason to get f"cked up early in the day so they can go to work on Monday. Let's not mention the costs once inside the stadium or the need of at least two people within virtually each section who feel they must defend the honor of their respective teams to the point of fighting each other.

I used to simply get some chili going, turn on the TV and crack a beer and watch the game from the comfort of my own home. Now, I check in via my phone to see how their doing.

The idiot players who feel us fans REALLY care about their opinions on anything other than their game performance are lost. I care about for their opinion on politics, life or generally any other social topic as much as I do about George Clooney's opinion on our foreign policies. People need to stick with what they know.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
(snip) How is Miss T?
The semi-famous Miss Teia Honey is enjoying her favorite snack of Fancy feast topped with gourmet shredded Cheddar.
Teia-18SEP18-20.jpg