Last edited:

homedepot20

Point Standing Prior to FINAL Race

OHCG 113 LEADER
CALV 106 - 7
MONELLO 99 -14
HD20 97 -16
STGIS 94 -19

5 BONUS POINT ELIGILIBITY (2018 CHAMPION)
OHCG - TRUEX
CALV - BUSCH
MONELLO - TRUEX
HD20- BUSCH
STGIS -HARVICK

homedepot20

It's been a LONG season !!!!! Congrats :cheers: to "Rookie" Monello on his showing this year . Currently in 3rd , a good chance at 2nd and was in contention for FIRST at times . It's been a pleasure again to compete against OHCG , CALV, STGIS :buddies: . We were pretty CIVIL for each other , no harsh words or negativity . Hope to see ALL again next year with MORE entries to compete against . I'm serious about us needing a NEW point system . The system we use is OKAY but we need another that "OPENS" up the game . I'll be submitting one for review by us "Charter 5" before Daytona :yahoo:

Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

This is going down to the wire with me and Calcopf, those 5 bonus points are going to be critical. I thought we had the same driver picked for that, but guess I was wrong. Guess I wont be able to pick either J.J Yeley or Timmy Hill to win the race.

gemma_rae

I'm serious about us needing a NEW point system . The system we use is OKAY but we need another that "OPENS" up the game.

Why don't you try one of these:

1. Everyone has to pick a different winner. With the exception of Daytona, the points leader gets first pick, second place gets second pick, etc.

or

2. Award more points for the top 4. For example; 1 car in top 5=1 point, 2 cars in top 5 - 1+2=3 points, 3 cars in top 5 - 1+2+3=6 points, 4 cars in top 5 - 1+2+3+4=10 points, all 5 cars in top 5 - 1+2+3+4+5=15 points. "The big one" Winner and all top 5 - 5+2+3+4+5=19

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Why don't you try one of these:

1. Everyone has to pick a different winner. With the exception of Daytona, the points leader gets first pick, second place gets second pick, etc.

or

2. Award more points for the top 4. For example; 1 car in top 5=1 point, 2 cars in top 5 - 1+2=3 points, 3 cars in top 5 - 1+2+3=6 points, 4 cars in top 5 - 1+2+3+4=10 points, all 5 cars in top 5 - 1+2+3+4+5=15 points. "The big one" Winner and all top 5 - 5+2+3+4+5=19

You gonna pick some races next year?

OldHillcrestGuy

Here goes, comes down to the last race. Since Busch swapped pit area's with Hamlin, Im going to have to pick Busch to win.

Kyle Busch (1)
Kevin Harvick
Martin Truex Jr.
Kyle Larson
Chase Elliott

homedepot20

FINAL 2018 SOMD Fantasy NASCAR Standing
OLDHILLCRESTGUY 113+3=116 ...... 2018 SOMD Fantasy "CHAMPION":dingding:
CALVCOPF 106+4=110
STGISLANDER 94+8=102 Congrats on picking WINNER of Race :cheers:
MONELLO 99+2=101
HOMEDEPOT20 97+4=101

Next Race , Sunday 17 February 2019 at DAYTONA !!!!!!!!

stgislander

PREMO Member
Am I in the minority that doesn't like Homestead? The only thing I found interesting was watching Kyle Larson rim ride the track. If Cup used the composite bodies like Xfinity, I think Larson would have won.

calvcopf

Am I in the minority that doesn't like Homestead? The only thing I found interesting was watching Kyle Larson rim ride the track. If Cup used the composite bodies like Xfinity, I think Larson would have won.

yeah, I never liked that track either. Always thought Atlanta would be the perfect track for the season finale.

Larson still thinks he is in a dirt track car. I think everyone else knew you can't ride the wall like that for the entire race. But he was determined to wreck that car.

stgislander

PREMO Member
yeah, I never liked that track either. Always thought Atlanta would be the perfect track for the season finale.

Larson still thinks he is in a dirt track car. I think everyone else knew you can't ride the wall like that for the entire race. But he was determined to wreck that car.

I gotta hand it to Nascar that they got the Championship format correct. The four Championship drivers finished 1-4 which is exactly what they want.

On a side note, I'd be really interested to know what they did to Harvick's car Saturday night. He stunk from the time they rolled the car off the hauler. Even the on-air personalities were commenting on it.