The connors

GregV814

Can ANYONE explain the allure of this show? It was a bad show with a loudmouth obnoxious woman before and completely disgusting now.

Hannibal

It was OK back when it was originally run (years ago). I did enjoy the reboot but it was more nostalgia than anything. But it tried too hard. The reboot was simply not meant for this time. That type of humor and those type of issues as content for a sitcom has passed. It was destined to be short-lived but relatively enjoyable for a brief time so I thought.

The version of it (without Rosanne) won't be on for long. It has the same flaws as the reboot but it's without one strength of that show ..... Rosanne. Like her or not, she was a main character and the show can't hang on without her presence. It cannot recreate its identity enough to find a different pathway for success in this day and age. It won't last.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The best show on TV is Modern Family. There are distinct personalities, current culture is addressed, but it's not some in your face activist statement.

Re The Connors, I think they're working too hard to make Darlene's kid into a weirdo so they can get all touchy feely and "inclusive" with it. "See us being all diverse?" It's unwatchable dreck, not because I'm offended by the kid or anything but because the show addresses the topic with a sledgehammer.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I didn't get hooked on Last Man Standing until after it had gone off the air and was only on rerun. I was so looking forward to the reboot but the show isn't the same. Can't stand the actress they got to replace the middle daughter. Actress who plays the youngest daughter is back but only on limited episodes. The banter between her and Tim Allen's character was part of what made the show funny. They pretty much jumped the shark already but casting somebody to play their foreign exchange student. Plus the canned laugh track is annoying. I think they started that because the show isn't as funny as it used to be.

SamSpade

The best show on TV .....

I'd be hard-pressed to even name anything that is all THAT good, although I think the
first season of This is Us was outstanding. (Still a good show).

But our family rarely watches hour dramas unless they're cop/detective, medical, action, courtroom, military or spy types.
(My wife watches a *few* - A Million Little Things and a few others).
And we almost never watch comedies at all, but mainly because - they're just not funny.
I watch "The Good Place" with my middle daughter, but no one else likes it, and I watch it mainly because it we can enjoy it together.
But admittedly - it doesn't make me laugh or even chuckle.

Now the funniest thing I have seen recently on TV is/was "Magic for Humans" on Netflix.
A shame it's only 6 episodes long.

BOP

I'm hooked on "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" on Netflix. It's set in the late '20s Australia and reminds me of "Murder She Wrote," and other, similar shows. Sadly, there are only 2 seasons of 13 episodes and a third of 8. They were supposed to have started work on a follow on movie last month, but I haven't heard if they have.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Exactly. Can’t even say when we stopped watching regular tv, series, etc. It has been at least 10 years. We pick and choose between news, cooking, history, and chosen movies.

We usually watch the all news channel, because my wife seems to like to yell at the talking heads or WETA/UK, with the occasional sports broadcast or DVD in the mix.

PeoplesElbow

I just watched the first three episodes of this season of The Connors and didn''t think it was bad.

I do think they need to use DJ's wife more, I think she is a possible star.

mitzi

I just watched the first three episodes of this season of The Connors and didn''t think it was bad.

I do think they need to use DJ's wife more, I think she is a possible star.

I thought the one last week was good. Dan trying to deal with his grief. It was written well and I like John Goodman.