Planned Parenthood Ad

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Beyond creepy. [video=youtube;CL-5ICEfj24]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL-5ICEfj24[/video]

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I saw that the other day and it creeped me out big time. Hard to believe that's an actual ad promoting abortion.

Sapidus

I saw that the other day and it creeped me out big time. Hard to believe that's an actual ad promoting abortion.

Why can't you people think for yourselves?

"in terms of patients, Planned Parenthood served 2.4 million people last year and provided 328,348 abortions, according to its annual report. That works out to 13.7 percent of patients."

That leave over 80% of their services that can be dedicated to prenatal screenings, mammograms and other services

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...anned-parenthood-abortion-services/448575001/

Should a auto mechanic only advertise their tire services and not talk about all he other things they do?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

"in terms of patients, Planned Parenthood served 2.4 million people last year and provided 328,348 abortions, according to its annual report. That works out to 13.7 percent of patients."

That leave over 80% of their services that can be dedicated to prenatal screenings, mammograms and other services

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...anned-parenthood-abortion-services/448575001/

Should a auto mechanic only advertise their tire services and not talk about all he other things they do?

Who's to say the over 80% didn't go to another abortion provider and get that abortion?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Liar...

SamSpade

Planned Parenthood served 2.4 million people last year and provided 328,348 abortions

Or roughly *HALF* of all abortions in the United States. (BTW - PP does NOT do mammograms at all. Even they say that.)

What organization or company that dominates their niche in the nation can claim THAT kind of dominance -
and yet honestly DENY that's not the focus of their business?

This comes down to the hair-splitting with numbers where they might count every service as though it
was a separate visit or separate patient - even though a typical patient might avail themselves of several services.
Or based on volume - which is like claiming that a ballpark's main business is hot dogs and beer, and not baseball.

They do half of the abortions in the country - they're an abortion organization. Yes, they actually DO adoption
referrals - those numbers are in the low thousands per year. Their function isn't better parenting.

This_person

You realize you're asking that about an ad that only advertises abortion and not anything else they do, right?

GregV814

Hey huh Spastic....what is the ratio of white to black abortions??? And you have no reservations about it?

This_person

Or roughly *HALF* of all abortions in the United States. (BTW - PP does NOT do mammograms at all. Even they say that.)

What organization or company that dominates their niche in the nation can claim THAT kind of dominance -
and yet honestly DENY that's not the focus of their business?

This comes down to the hair-splitting with numbers where they might count every service as though it
was a separate visit or separate patient - even though a typical patient might avail themselves of several services.
Or based on volume - which is like claiming that a ballpark's main business is hot dogs and beer, and not baseball.

They do half of the abortions in the country - they're an abortion organization. Yes, they actually DO adoption
referrals - those numbers are in the low thousands per year. Their function isn't better parenting.

For me, I think it's great that they do other stuff. I am happy they are there to do the other stuff.

My personal opinion is that they should do the other stuff. If they want to generate abortion clinics, they should do those separate from the government-funded clinics that do other stuff.

From their own numbers, far less than 1% of their abortions are due to rape/incest, and far less than 5% include rape/incest and "physical health of the mother". That leaves over 95% of abortion for convenience of the mother, which is elective, which should not be passively government funded. If they do so little that is abortion-related, as Sappys and Salmons want us to think, then separate those things out from the abortion clinics, and I am actually fine - even as a devout conservative - to let federal funding go there.

But, they won't do that. And, you know why? They'd never survive as a business model doing that. Because, abortion is the main thing they're about. It's in the name - the name isn't "Women's Health Clinics: Because Only Women Need Medical Services!" Their name is about pregnant women, and what plan if they don't want the kid they willingly, by choice, created.

SamSpade

I’m so freaking sick of hearing about abortion,

Talk to all the women's groups - it's the ONLY thing they talk about.
Seriously - with all the issues facing women, they need a new tune to sing.

you guys have had control of Congress, the presidency, and now the Supreme Court, just freaking outlaw it.

Never going to happen. Without a colossal turn of events in this country, Roe v. Wade won't be overturned
(which by the way, will NOT result in making abortions illegal).
And despite the language you hear, I've never heard a Republican say that want to make it against the law.

This_person

And despite the language you hear, I've never heard a Republican say that want to make it against the law.

Of course not. Reasonable people just want common sense abortion control. :yay:

Seriously, though, as a conservative I do believe elective abortion should be illegal just like every other form of murder - and I vote more R than D (though never exclusively), so I guess now you have.

I do NOT think that a secular nation should force a woman who has been raped (statutory or otherwise) to carry her rapist's baby to term. I find it morally repugnant, but MY morals are not what should control laws, and I am fully aware of that. From a secular point of view, it's reasonable to allow her to have that choice. Similarly, it is unfathomable to not give a woman who could otherwise die, physically dead, to carry the child. To me, the choice there is whether or not to choose self-defense.

But, that's about where I leave it.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
My personal opinion of abortion is its "barbaric"

... however, I'm am ALL for leftists, degenerates and other democrat scum aborting ALL of their offspring whenever possible. :yay:

If fact, in those cases it should be mandatory.