Build The Wall

Chris0nllyn

How much has Mexico contributed. I thought they were paying for it?

And $450 million? Even if you believe the wildly low estimate of about $22 billion to build the wall, this goal would pay for about 2% of the wall, or about 40 miles of the 2,000 mile border.

:lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And $450 million? Even if you believe the wildly low estimate of about $22 billion to build the wall, this goal would pay for about 2% of the wall, or about 40 miles of the 2,000 mile border.

Which as why Congress needs to appropriate the money to build the entire thing.

Chris0nllyn

Which as why Congress needs to appropriate the money to build the entire thing.

Hope you don't mind your taxes going up and up and up.

But what the hell. Govt. (nor conservatives) doesn't give two ####s about spending too much. Why not tack on another couple (hundred) billion.

Hijinx

How much has Mexico contributed. I thought they were paying for it?

Still cheaper than feeding housing educating and paying for health care for all of these people breaking the law.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hope you don't mind your taxes going up and up and up.

Based on that puny infrastructure expenditure? Yr kidding, right? Like paying for defense, it's one of the few things our government is supposed to be using our money to pay for.

Chris0nllyn

Based on that puny infrastructure expenditure? Yr kidding, right? Like paying for defense, it's one of the few things our government is supposed to be using our money to pay for.

Puny? You aren't dumb enough to think that there won't be cost overruns like everything else govt. does, are you? You aren't dumb enough to think the wall is a one-time expenditure, are you? You aren't dumb enough to think the govt. can just plow through private and tribal lands without it being a mess, are you?

The GAO estimated just a fence along the border (what remains anyway) would cost $6.5 million, per mile. That doesn't include infrastructure (like roads and subsequent maintence) needed to be built to get to some of these areas. DHS estimated a mile of fencing to be $16 million. MIT estimates a 30ft wall (with 10ft tunnel barrier) would cost $31.2 billion.

In 2017, DHS spent $274 million on maintenance alone. One can estimate a YEARLY maintenance budget of $750 million on a full wall. In 2011 alone, CBP fixed more than 4,000 fence breaches.

2/3 of the border is owned by the govt. or tribes. That was fenced after the 2006 Act to do so. Ever wonder why there isn't one running along Texas, where a majority of the border is priovate land? Because legal battles are expensive and lengthy. Eminent Domain is an option I guess, but keep in mind that under Bush, they tried that. The legal battle for that one case took 7 years. At least one indian tribe has said they don't want a wall along their 75 mile stretch. You probably can't blame them after contractors dug up an indian burial ground while building a fence in 2007. The DHS said in 2009 that non-federal property procurement delayed the fence construction.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Puny? You aren't dumb enough to think that there won't be cost overruns like everything else govt. does, are you? You aren't dumb enough to think the wall is a one-time expenditure, are you? You aren't dumb enough to think the govt. can just plow through private and tribal lands without it being a mess, are you?

The GAO estimated just a fence along the border (what remains anyway) would cost $6.5 million, per mile. That doesn't include infrastructure (like roads and subsequent maintence) needed to be built to get to some of these areas. DHS estimated a mile of fencing to be $16 million. MIT estimates a 30ft wall (with 10ft tunnel barrier) would cost $31.2 billion.

In 2017, DHS spent $274 million on maintenance alone. One can estimate a YEARLY maintenance budget of $750 million on a full wall. In 2011 alone, CBP fixed more than 4,000 fence breaches.

2/3 of the border is owned by the govt. or tribes. That was fenced after the 2006 Act to do so. Ever wonder why there isn't one running along Texas, where a majority of the border is priovate land? Because legal battles are expensive and lengthy. Eminent Domain is an option I guess, but keep in mind that under Bush, they tried that. The legal battle for that one case took 7 years. At least one indian tribe has said they don't want a wall along their 75 mile stretch. You probably can't blame them after contractors dug up an indian burial ground while building a fence in 2007. The DHS said in 2009 that non-federal property procurement delayed the fence construction.

Frankly, I don't care if it costs 50 billion as long as it's designed and built well.

littlelady

God bless the USA
There's about as much chance of the wall getting built as there is Trump getting his parade. Or Trump going through a day without lying.

You don’t think a wall is necessary? Are you ok with letting in everyone that thinks they don’t have to do the process of becoming a citizen, and just deserve to be here? The parade wasn’t/isn’t about Trump, it was/is about the USA. Do you think that Trump is the only politician that has ever lied? Where have you been? And, you, seriously, need to decide what other country you should move to; it is, obvious, you are not happy here. Do you own a mask? Just wondering.

Wow! Lot going on in that post, littlelady. The difference between Trump and other politicians is that he lies like the rest of us breathe. Sure, politicians lie all the time. No argument there. But this guy has made lying an art. Also, where do you get off asking me about where I want to live? Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you have to get personal. You do realize your way of thinking is dangerously close to those who followed Hitler in Nazi Germany. "It's obvious you are not happy here. Do you own a mask?" Don't even know what to make of that. If you want to have a healthy discussion, fine. Otherwise, I can't take you any more seriously than the orange one in the White House.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Wow! Lot going on in that post, littlelady. The difference between Trump and other politicians is that he lies like the rest of us breathe. Sure, politicians lie all the time. No argument there. But this guy has made lying an art. Also, where do you get off asking me about where I want to live? Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you have to get personal. You do realize your way of thinking is dangerously close to those who followed Hitler in Nazi Germany. "It's obvious you are not happy here. Do you own a mask?" Don't even know what to make of that. If you want to have a healthy discussion, fine. Otherwise, I can't take you any more seriously than the orange one in the White House.

Your/this post made my point. Thank you. I have family members and friends that died to protect US from fascists/communist/marxists like you. Did you serve in the military, and don’t lie. There is no having a healthy discussion with you. Do you even care about the people who sacrificed their lives to give you the right to speak? You are one of those that want to tear that down. It is so obvious. There is discussion, and then there is name calling. Your use of ‘orange one’ just outed you. Find a post of mine that degraded Obama while he was in office. Good luck. There are none. I didn’t like it, but I respect the office. And, yes, after he was done, I posted my opinion, and still will. Why do you think WE are stupid?

Last edited:
Your obvious anger over anything that is not in line with your thinking is sad. It is not possible to have a civil conversation. I'm done with you. Why so angry?