In idiotic move NRA picks a fight with American Doctors " Stay in your lane"

Sapidus

“It’s impossible not to bring it home,” said Dr. Haughey, an emergency physician and the director of St. Barnabas Hospital’s emergency medicine residency program. “I never get used to it. It’s tiresome.”

Those experiences fueled angry responses from her and other doctors in recent days to a tweet from the National Rifle Association aimed at their profession: “Someone should tell self-important anti-gun doctors to stay in their lane.”

When Dr. Haughey saw it, she tapped out a reply on her cellphone. “I see no one from the @nra next to me in the trauma bay as I have cared for victims of gun violence for the past 25 years,” she wrote. “THAT must be MY lane. COME INTO MY LANE. Tell one mother her child is dead with me, then we can talk.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/13/us/nra-stay-in-your-lane-doctors.html

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
When Dr. Haughey saw it, she tapped out a reply on her cellphone. “I see no one from the @nra next to me in the trauma bay as I have cared for victims of gun violence for the past 25 years,” she wrote.

Can you not see how stupid this is? Does she see anyone there from the automakers, the social media platforms, the cellphone manufacturers, the cannabis or alcohol industries, or chair manufacturers? Of course not, but that's not the point. I get it, it's about emotional persuasion, not reality.

So while I can't give Sappy points for reality, I can give him/her/xer credit for using strategically smart messaging. Why? Because, unfortunately, emotional persuasion always wins (at least in the short term) over reason/fact/science. This is the game these disciples of Alinsky are playing. Sappy, Trans, and Salmon may all be nuts, but they're relentless and focus their relentlessness on a two-fold winning formula.

First, they frame their issues in emotional terms (note how the Dems are always framing issues in terms of children, puppies/kittens, and soft blankets (remember Pajama Boy?) while Republicans generally go with "cold, hard cash," "rule of law," and similar sterile, unemotional pitches).

Second, they gain more sympathy when those opposed snark back. First, they gaining sympathy not only for the issue, but second, also for themselves as the "victim." That's why #MeToo, #BLM, "the patriarchy," etc. and so forth all work: victimhood is a powerfully effective persuasion tool. That means it's winning persuasion. So they poke the bear and then look for sympathy (and generally get it) when the bear strikes back. We know from football it's the one who retaliates who draws the flag. Same principle here. The Dems set the messaging and tone (classic debating technique) and gain the double win when the Republicans answer....

If we are to prevail against the Left the Right has to beat them at their own game. We need to gain the high ground by seizing the initiative (messaging first and correctly), in making people feel better (not just that they will do better), and not let the Dems take us off good messaging. The Right may be correct (issue-wise, process-wise, logic, etc.), but try using that approach with your pouting teen, right? Dems are a group of pouty teenagers who rightly understand that the majority of independents are too. The Right needs to do better playing the game if it seriously wants to win the game. This is why we saw a bit of Trump fatigue in the mid-terms; Trump continues to do his stuff but isn't supported by more "caring, touchy-feely" Repubs below him.

Don't believe me? Ask yourself why the Dems eventually lost the Kavanaugh gambit. I think you'll find that the Dems started well, but over-played their hand moving empathetic support from the accusers over to the accused (when many (if not most) realized that the whole process became unfair). Until it tipped, many were willing to give Ford's ridiculously weak claims full credence because emotionally it worked....

P.S. This is why the Dems hate Trump so much; he plays the game so much better than they do. Note how when Trump makes a statement that is obviously designed to make you feel better Trans, Sappy, and Salmon play the "fact check" game. They hate facts when they claim the emotional high ground, but love facts when Trump beats them to it. The difference is that - as I mentioned above - the Dems are better at it at all levels, all the Republicans have (more or less) is Trump....

P.P.S. To understand it from another perspective, take a look at "Lawrence Kohlberg and the Six Levels of Moral Judgment". You'll see that the Left almost ALWAYS appeals to Kohlberg's "Level 6."

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Can you not see how stupid this is? Does she see anyone there from the automakers, the social media platforms, the cellphone manufacturers, the cannabis or alcohol industries, or chair manufacturers? Of course not, but that's not the point. I get it, it's about emotional persuasion, not reality.

So while I can't give Sappy points for reality, I can give him/her/xer credit for using strategically smart messaging. Why? Because, unfortunately, emotional persuasion always wins (at least in the short term) over reason/fact/science. This is the game these disciples of Alinsky are playing. Sappy, Trans, and Salmon may all be nuts, but they're relentless and focus their relentlessness on a two-fold winning formula.

First, they frame their issues in emotional terms (note how the Dems are always framing issues in terms of children, puppies/kittens, and soft blankets (remember Pajama Boy?) while Republicans generally go with "cold, hard cash," "rule of law," and similar sterile, unemotional pitches).

Second, they gain more sympathy when those opposed snark back. First, they gaining sympathy not only for the issue, but second, also for themselves as the "victim." That's why #MeToo, #BLM, "the patriarchy," etc. and so forth all work: victimhood is a powerfully effective persuasion tool. That means it's winning persuasion. So they poke the bear and then look for sympathy (and generally get it) when the bear strikes back. We know from football it's the one who retaliates who draws the flag. Same principle here. The Dems set the messaging and tone (classic debating technique) and gain the double win when the Republicans answer....

If we are to prevail against the Left the Right has to beat them at their own game. We need to gain the high ground by seizing the initiative (messaging first and correctly), in making people feel better (not just that they will do better), and not let the Dems take us off good messaging. The Right may be correct (issue-wise, process-wise, logic, etc.), but try using that approach with your pouting teen, right? Dems are a group of pouty teenagers who rightly understand that the majority of independents are too. The Right needs to do better playing the game if it seriously wants to win the game. This is why we saw a bit of Trump fatigue in the mid-terms; Trump continues to do his stuff but isn't supported by more "caring, touchy-feely" Repubs below him.

Don't believe me? Ask yourself why the Dems eventually lost the Kavanaugh gambit. I think you'll find that the Dems started well, but over-played their hand moving empathetic support from the accusers over to the accused (when many (if not most) realized that the whole process became unfair). Until it tipped, many were willing to give Ford's ridiculously weak claims full credence because emotionally it worked....

P.S. This is why the Dems hate Trump so much; he plays the game so much better than they do. Note how when Trump makes a statement that is obviously designed to make you feel better Trans, Sappy, and Salmon play the "fact check" game. They hate facts when they claim the emotional high ground, but love facts when Trump beats them to it. The difference is that - as I mentioned above - the Dems are better at it at all levels, all the Republicans have (more or less) is Trump....

P.P.S. To understand it from another perspective, take a look at "Lawrence Kohlberg and the Six Levels of Moral Judgment". You'll see that the Left almost ALWAYS appeals to Kohlberg's "Level 6."

--- End of line (MCP)

:notworthy:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I can hardly wait for the reasoned rebuttal that Tranny, Sappy, fisboi, Rumprider, or the rest of the left crusade will post. Soon..I hope.

Hijinx

I guess this Doctor who works in the Emergency Room is also disgusted when they bring in the victims of Drunk Drivers, or the beaten wives of cowardly husbands, or the over doses with wives and kids in the waiting room.The parents who abuse their children,The elderly who no one cares about.The drownings of kids in a swimming pool unguarded,Death is a fact in hospitals. All kinds of deaths.All kinds of deaths from accidents to the homeless freezing on the street.

The shootings are a small part of the victims in the Emergency room. Unless she works in Chicago or Detroit.

It may be tiresome, but she certainly gets used to it or she couldn't stay there.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

--- End of line (MCP)

:yay: :yay:

PsyOps

Pixelated
“It’s impossible not to bring it home,” said Dr. Haughey, an emergency physician and the director of St. Barnabas Hospital’s emergency medicine residency program. “I never get used to it. It’s tiresome.”

Those experiences fueled angry responses from her and other doctors in recent days to a tweet from the National Rifle Association aimed at their profession: “Someone should tell self-important anti-gun doctors to stay in their lane.”

When Dr. Haughey saw it, she tapped out a reply on her cellphone. “I see no one from the @nra next to me in the trauma bay as I have cared for victims of gun violence for the past 25 years,” she wrote. “THAT must be MY lane. COME INTO MY LANE. Tell one mother her child is dead with me, then we can talk.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/13/us/nra-stay-in-your-lane-doctors.html

Drunk driving - meh!
Driving while texting - meh!
Overdoses - meh!
Domestic abuse - meh!

Just boring.

Guns? Now that's emotionally juicy.

Sapidus

--- End of line (MCP)

So you cry when Walmart, Dicks , American Airlines and other companies stand up and drop funding from gun manufacturers or refuse to sell their products and in the same breath say no other companies or groups are standing with doctors?

The rest of what you said is a bunch of hot air which amounts to i would rather have the ability to buy any gun i want whenever i want ( for the most part) with as little government interference as possible and i don't care at all about how many other people die beca of my selfishness.

We lost the Kavanugh vote because you controlled all three branches of government. There literally was nothing Democrats could do except shout into he void.

You re losing the messaging on your side because the majority of your positions are morally repugnant and bankrupt.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
i would rather have the ability to buy any gun i want whenever i want ( for the most part) with as little government interference as possible .

Well look at you!..paraphrasing the protections we're provided by the Second Amendment. Good for you! :cheekpinch: