Sanders Wrecks CNN

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"Mr. Acosta is no more or less special than any other media outlet or reporter with respect to the First Amendment," Sanders continued, noting that CNN "has nearly 50 additional hard pass holders."

The press secretary explained that Acosta "inappropriately" refused to yield after he asked two questions that were answered by the president.

"After Mr. Acosta asked the President two questions -- each of which the President answered -- he physically refused to surrender a White House microphone to an intern so that other reporters might ask their questions. This was not the first time this reporter has inappropriately refused to yield to other reporters," the statement reads.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/3833...cnn-jim-acosta-statement-amanda-prestigiacomo

Sapidus

"Mr. Acosta is no more or less special than any other media outlet or reporter with respect to the First Amendment," Sanders continued, noting that CNN "has nearly 50 additional hard pass holders."

The press secretary explained that Acosta "inappropriately" refused to yield after he asked two questions that were answered by the president.

"After Mr. Acosta asked the President two questions -- each of which the President answered -- he physically refused to surrender a White House microphone to an intern so that other reporters might ask their questions. This was not the first time this reporter has inappropriately refused to yield to other reporters," the statement reads.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/3833...cnn-jim-acosta-statement-amanda-prestigiacomo

It's a clear attempt to punish Mr Acosta for being critical of the president

I thought he "assaulted" her?

Then why did she tweet out a doctored version of the incident?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...journalist-jim-acosta/?utm_term=.6121037645bc

Why does even Fox news disagree with her ?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fox-ne...-of-cnn-lawsuit-against-trump-administration/

Sapidus

In YOUR Mind ...

.... the rest of us see Acosta for the nasty disrespectful troll he is

except all of the news organizations that agree with CNN including Fox news.

I know this is a scary and confusing time for you with Fox news disagreeing with Trump but it will be okay.

Maybe use this time to try thinking for yourself?

Rommey

No, it's a clear attempt to treat a petulant reporter who lacks respect for the process and fellow reporters. It's hardly an isolated incident. Finally, CNN has many other reporters with WH hard cards, so they really don't have a complaint, since that agency is not having their access denied nor limited. The reporters getting hard cards have to be cleared before getting the hard card.

Hypothetically, what if Acosta was new to the scene and didn't have a WH access? Assume CNN puts him into the press pool and they go through the process for getting him a hard card. Let's further assume during his background check they find something that would prevent him from getting unfettered access to the WH and he is denied a hard card? Would CNN be able to sue using a similar argument? Doubtful.

Fox News doesn't disagree...they are filing support of news agencies in general. Its nothing more than the "press" protecting their interests.

Sapidus

No, it's a clear attempt to treat a petulant reporter who lacks respect for the process and fellow reporters. It's hardly an isolated incident. Finally, CNN has many other reporters with WH hard cards, so they really don't have a complaint, since that agency is not having their access denied nor limited. The reporters getting hard cards have to be cleared before getting the hard card.

Hypothetically, what if Acosta was new to the scene and didn't have a WH access? Assume CNN puts him into the press pool and they go through the process for getting him a hard card. Let's further assume during his background check they find something that would prevent him from getting unfettered access to the WH and he is denied a hard card? Would CNN be able to sue using a similar argument? Doubtful.

Fox News doesn't disagree...they are filing support of news agencies in general. Its nothing more than the "press" protecting their interests.

Exactly. They disagree with the White Houses position by supporting CNN exactly as i said. Thats what supporting CNN would indicate

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
except all of the news organizations that agree with CNN including Fox news.

Ooo a few news organizations have taken sides ....
So What ... that does NOT Make Acosta disrespectful actions Proper or CNN's Lawsuit Valid

I know this is a scary and confusing time for you with Fox news disagreeing with Trump but it will be okay.

well since I am no Trump or Fox Fan ...... Your Supposition Would Be FALSE

Maybe use this time to try thinking for yourself?

I'm not the one who spends his time spouting progressive talking and defaults to dismissive attitudes when she gets challenged

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Where exactly is it written in law that the WH MUST allow a specific list of reporters into the press room or the WH in general? I'll wait :coffee:

CNN has 50 other reporters with hard passes ..... why is Acosta constantly getting called out for being a dick

oh right he asks 'tough' questions no one else has the balls to

CPUSA

Jim Acosta should be locked in stocks in a public square and anybody that passes by should have the right to beat him...

Hijinx

What would happen at a press conference where every "journalist " there acted like this azzhole Acosta?

If I were President and lost this case,(which I believe is impossible) There would be no further press conferences.

transporter

well since I am no Trump or Fox Fan ...... Your Supposition Would Be FALSE

Oh come on comrade....OF COURSE you are a Trump fan...that is what your handlers tell you to be!

I'm not the one who spends his time spouting progressive talking and defaults to dismissive attitudes when she gets challenged

No YOU spend your time spouting far right wing talking points and default to dismissive attitudes when challenged...just like the good Russia tool you are!!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Oh come on comrade

No that is YOU Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and Unfounded OPINION

.... OF COURSE you are a Trump fan

only insofar as makes your head explode daily

... that is what your handlers tell you to be!

yeah go on Sugar Tits .... NO Body is 'handling me' I do this just to PISS You Off

No YOU spend your time spouting far right wing talking points and default to dismissive attitudes when challenged

NOPE I am dismissive Progressive Talking Points [and OPINION stated as Gospel or FACT] with NO basis in reality, lacking in common sense

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

... just like the good Russia tool you are!!

Prove it

This_person

I thought he "assaulted" her?

He did:

[video=youtube;f8igl2SLrG8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=14&v=f8igl2SLrG8[/video]

Then why did she tweet out a doctored version of the incident?

She didn't, she tweeted out a gif made of the video. That's not "doctored", that's not even close to doctored.

Remember when Obama banned Fox from the Press Pool? CNN and MSNBC fought for Fox - the whole network being banned - back then. Fox is repaying the favor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=dnyV2dCmzd0 (I can only post one video per post, sorry for the link instead of the video)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Maybe they should hire Tyrus to officiate the WH briefings.

I'd enjoy seeing Acosta try it again. :lmao: