parking impatience, racism, and la plata walmart

steppinthrax

I'm happy that more and more of these are coming to light. I suspect this went on a lot in the past, but were undocumented due to the obvious expense and lack of consumer technology to make a recording. Now everybody has cameras. Hell you can get a 40 android with a passable camera.

She will likely be fired. Hell PG out of all places, she's gonna be gone...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I wish they'd had said. I'm guessing custodial, lunch lady, or something along those lines.

But...name calling. What if she'd called him the c-word? Or some other nasty name? I consider racial slurs the same as any other nastiness people lob at each other to try and demean, and would explain it to my children the same. "This person is a jerk who doesn't know how to act. This is how they do, so don't take it personally. It's a reflection on them, not you."

I'm just wondering why calling someone a racial slur is so much worse than calling them any other ugly name.

Thoughtful replies will be read, because I find this topic interesting. Reactionary "if you don't know, you're a moron" responses will be skimmed and disregarded.

Hannibal

I wish they'd had said. I'm guessing custodial, lunch lady, or something along those lines.

But...name calling. What if she'd called him the c-word? Or some other nasty name? I consider racial slurs the same as any other nastiness people lob at each other to try and demean, and would explain it to my children the same. "This person is a jerk who doesn't know how to act. This is how they do, so don't take it personally. It's a reflection on them, not you."

I'm just wondering why calling someone a racial slur is so much worse than calling them any other ugly name.

Thoughtful replies will be read, because I find this topic interesting. Reactionary "if you don't know, you're a moron" responses will be skimmed and disregarded.

This. It boils down to a sh!tbag comment issued by (likely) a sh!tbag person. It CAN be that simple. And it works in all directions. I don't see the point in chasing someone down in the attempt of them explaining themselves or the point in documenting the entire interaction on social media. If you wanted to get the person fired/in trouble, just say so. At least it's honest.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Not defending her actions, but I'm always suspicious of stuff like this. What happened to piss off the old bitty? What words were exchanged before the smart phone was drawn?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not defending her actions, but I'm always suspicious of stuff like this. What happened to piss off the old bitty? What words were exchanged before the smart phone was drawn?

I have no problem believing she had simple parking rage. People road rage all the time.

frequentflier

happy to be living
If she was on her own time, why would she be fired? Does she represent the school district on her off hours?
I can see where, because someone identified her, the school would frown on her behavior but I don't see justification for putting her on leave. Unless it is for her own protection!

DannyMotorcycle

i'm always skeptical by nature, especially with these videos also.. but people who think skin color coincides with behavior usually are well rounded ignorant. i'm totally confident with the claim that it was solely based on impatience. I was once walking in tysons corner mall with a lady friend of mine who happened to be black. As she was walking towards an ATM an older man in his late 70's or 80's or something i'd guess crossed paths with her.. not even bumping, just each stopped in their tracks. Instead of uttering an excuse me like a civilized fellow, bam out comes the N word. I was shocked. She wasn't phased in the slightest. Not a problem. She worked the mall help desk. She went right to her station and had him banned from the mall. He picked the right one that day. In all my 45 years, i've not seen anyone do that. Of course it happens, but it's rare.

Unfortunately far too many black americans tend to be oversensitive/triggered at the thought of racism that politicians and the national news media (racists that they are, always portraying horrible stereotypes at the first opportunity, and jump to portray black americans interracial homicides and ignore white american murders and especially interracial murders) exploit those emotions. One thing that I often notice, is that when these personally shared rare occurrences happen, the story includes "in all my life i never had this happen to me before"... which means in multiple decades it's not happening to them... and then they come upon some old ignorant fool, and if not that, then mentally ill. THe leftist propaganda machines aka fake news comes along trying to tell everyone that conservative white males are #1 terrorists and threats to people (and the other ridiculous claim of climate change) and totally distract people from the fact that when it comes to being murdered, it's not going to be the people the leftists are telling you, it's going to be those every day criminals who don't live so far away from you, and have a previous criminal history. That's a damn shame as well... but yeah' when it comes to ignorant people, impatience is often a part of who they are.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If she was on her own time, why would she be fired? Does she represent the school district on her off hours?

On some level she does, especially a government entity (like school). All this nonsense about how people can be one thing in their personal life but something completely different at work is so much hooey. If I were the parent of a black child, I wouldn't want to send my kid to a school where the faculty is running around calling black people racial slurs. I wouldn't even want my white children going to a school with people like that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was once walking in tysons corner mall with a lady friend of mine who happened to be black. As she was walking towards an ATM an older man in his late 70's or 80's or something i'd guess crossed paths with her.. not even bumping, just each stopped in their tracks. Instead of uttering an excuse me like a civilized fellow, bam out comes the N word. I was shocked. She wasn't phased in the slightest. Not a problem. She worked the mall help desk. She went right to her station and had him banned from the mall.

This is my favorite story today.

PeoplesElbow

Not really sure it should be news. This new trend to shame people and get them fired from their job for being #######s on their own time will one day extend to other things.

"John Doe has a Trump sign in his yard, I don't want him teaching my kid, he should be fired." Will come one day, guarantee it.

The entire reason to dox someone is in the hopes that their house is vandalized, they are beat up etc, what it is going to do is get some over emotional person arrested for the crime of assault, arson, or murder.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"John Doe has a Trump sign in his yard, I don't want him teaching my kid, he should be fired." Will come one day, guarantee it.

I have no doubt that happens already. But I think there is a big difference between supporting a political candidate and screaming racial slurs at someone over a parking spot. When you work with children I think you should be held to a certain standard of public behavior.

mitzi

I used to take public transportation a few years back. When you take it all the time you get acquainted with the other people that ride. I can get along with anybody if they act like they have some sense. I was getting on one day and this white woman who I chatted with sometimes, moves over so I can have the seat next to her. Then she proceeds to say and not in a whisper "I thought you'd rather sit here then with the n*gers". I was shocked. I didn't want the others on there to think I felt like that, so it couldn't be ignored. I said I can't sit here and got up and moved.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I used to take public transportation a few years back. When you take it all the time you get acquainted with the other people that ride. I can get along with anybody if they act like they have some sense. I was getting on one day and this white woman who I chatted with sometimes, moves over so I can have the seat next to her. Then she proceeds to say and not in a whisper "I thought you'd rather sit here then with the n*gers". I was shocked. I didn't want the others on there to think I felt like that, so it couldn't be ignored. I said I can't sit here and got up and moved.

:yay:

PeoplesElbow

I have no doubt that happens already. But I think there is a big difference between supporting a political candidate and screaming racial slurs at someone over a parking spot. When you work with children I think you should be held to a certain standard of public behavior.

There is a big difference, and people that work with children should be held to a standard. However to some on the left there is not a difference and I expect it to be like that more and more in the future.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm happy that more and more of these are coming to light. I suspect this went on a lot in the past, but were undocumented due to the obvious expense and lack of consumer technology to make a recording. Now everybody has cameras. Hell you can get a 40 android with a passable camera.

She will likely be fired. Hell PG out of all places, she's gonna be gone...

Good riddance to bad rubbish. :yay:

DannyMotorcycle

it's ironic, we have the moron racists at one end of the spectrum, and at the other we have those who see racism behind every rock and in the dark.

My mother is a teacher, not a racist hair on her head... in all her 70 years she's never so much as uttered any observation of linking skin color to anything and she has many friends of color who can state with certainty on their lives she's not in the least bit prejudiced. she noticed that one of her classes where the Hispanic kids don't speak English are the worst behaved students,
and mentioned it to someone else... and that idiot told her she was being racist or bigoted or something.. and had my mother believing it. I had to tell her it's not racist
at all to make a simple observation. Had it been a french speaking white kids it wouldnt' have been racist, the fact that their skin color is different doesn't make anyone else racist. The fact that YOU (whomever it was) observed the skin color differences suggests to me that you're the racist.

Then you've got those kind of idiots.. Two people could be in a park and have a disagreement over say not picking up litter.. If it's two white people, it's just a fight.. if a black person punches a white person it's not racism... but the moment the puncher is white and the punchee is black, even though the matter was a fight over littering, the white person is a racist.. It's idiocy. Oh that reminds me, they're calling trump a racist again, because his latest verbal sparing was a black women, and out came the cries of racism.. and i'm like, did you forget megan kelly and jim acosta.. he's treating that black woman reporter just like he treated that white man and white women reporters.. if anything that's equality. Effing idiots. I swear i almost wish there was a virus that only took out the stupid. clearly there is a big flaw in darwin's survival of the fittest theory. I have contempt and disdain for the ignorant idiot racists, but right next to them are the ignorant idiots who falsely see racism in everything too.

Kinnakeet

so the white lady called the black person a n----- and he and the children were upset I find that hard to believe besides she just has to remember... sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me it really is that simple I for one dont get offended when people call me names why let it bother you just go on about your buisness

Kinnakeet

it's ironic, we have the moron racists at one end of the spectrum, and at the other we have those who see racism behind every rock and in the dark.

My mother is a teacher, not a racist hair on her head... in all her 70 years she's never so much as uttered any observation of linking skin color to anything and she has many friends of color who can state with certainty on their lives she's not in the least bit prejudiced. she noticed that one of her classes where the Hispanic kids don't speak English are the worst behaved students,
and mentioned it to someone else... and that idiot told her she was being racist or bigoted or something.. and had my mother believing it. I had to tell her it's not racist
at all to make a simple observation. Had it been a french speaking white kids it wouldnt' have been racist, the fact that their skin color is different doesn't make anyone else racist. The fact that YOU (whomever it was) observed the skin color differences suggests to me that you're the racist.

Then you've got those kind of idiots.. Two people could be in a park and have a disagreement over say not picking up litter.. If it's two white people, it's just a fight.. if a black person punches a white person it's not racism... but the moment the puncher is white and the punchee is black, even though the matter was a fight over littering, the white person is a racist.. It's idiocy. Oh that reminds me, they're calling trump a racist again, because his latest verbal sparing was a black women, and out came the cries of racism.. and i'm like, did you forget megan kelly and jim acosta.. he's treating that black woman reporter just like he treated that white man and white women reporters.. if anything that's equality. Effing idiots. I swear i almost wish there was a virus that only took out the stupid. clearly there is a big flaw in darwin's survival of the fittest theory. I have contempt and disdain for the ignorant idiot racists, but right next to them are the ignorant idiots who falsely see racism in everything too.
Once again thank bama and the dems