Utah Actually Loves Mia Love

This_person

On election night, it looked like conservative Utah Congresswoman Mia Love, who represents Utah's least Republican Congressional district, had been swept away in Democrats' suburban blue wave. #But as more votes have been counted, Love's Democratic challenger has seen his lead dwindle away -- and now electoral maven Dave Wasserman is starting to lean toward the conclusion that Love is slightly favored to complete the comeback and win another term: #
[TWITTER]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/UT04?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#UT04</a> Rep. Mia Love (R) narrowly wins latest batch of votes from Salt Lake Co., narrowing Ben McAdams (D)'s lead form 1,227 to 873. This makes her the favorite to prevail, once more Utah Co. votes are counted.</p>&mdash; Dave Wasserman (@Redistrict) <a href="https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1062859772850987008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 15, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[/TWITTER]
Congressional Republicans would be delighted to have their party's only black female Representative return to the lower chamber in January. #Keep an eye on this race -- it's trending red....

More good news!

This_person

Exactly what I meant. I'm unaffiliated but tend to lean Democrat. I was actually rooting for the Republican in that race because of what Trump said about her - kind of an "in your face" moment isn't it?

I don't live in Utah, but I was leaning more towards Mia because of her voting record and stance on issues. :yay:

I tend to vote more Republican than Democrat because they are a tiny, almost insignificant bit to the right of the Democrats - and they control the elections to ensure that only those two have a real chance of winning 98% of elections. So, the slow destruction of our Constitution is better than the more rapid destruction of our Constitution, to me anyway.

Based on your date of membership, you probably do not know who Larry Gude is, but his stance was to have us destroy ourselves more quickly so we can start over again earlier rather than later. My stance is to try and teach the youth of the nation what the Constitution is, what it means, why it's important, and the vast number of ways we violate it today - all in the idiotically-optimistic view that we can save the nation from what it has become, and what it is becoming.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Based on your date of membership, you probably do not know who Larry Gude is, but his stance was to have us destroy ourselves more quickly so we can start over again earlier rather than later. .

Larry withdrew to form his own country and is, of course, the emperor-in-chief. He got tired of waiting for the masses to come around to his way of thinking. My application for asylum there was rejected on account of my "misguided and disgusting" [their words] choice of preferred fermented beverage. :bawl:

good news about Mia Love though...

This_person

Larry withdrew to form his own country and is, of course, the emperor-in-chief. He got tired of waiting for the masses to come around to his way of thinking. My application for asylum there was rejected on account of my "misguided and disgusting" [their words] choice of preferred fermented beverage. :bawl:

I've thought of applying for a visa there. Good exchange rate?

Edit: Oh, and is this a good enough fermented beverage to allow me in?

View attachment 125839

Last edited: