Revelation 12 Spewed a river??

seekeroftruth

Revelation 12: 15 Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent. 16 But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.​

This is what amazingdiscoveries.org has to offer this morning.

All heaven rejoices over the great victory. But the dragon now vents his wrath on his remaining earthly target, the woman. Whenever Christians remain true to Christ and will not be turned or compromise their beliefs, Satan’s anger is aroused and he excited persecution against them. The church was forced to flee to the uninhabited “wilderness: for “a time, and times, and a half a time,” the 1,260 year period of Papal domination. Millions of Christians were martyred during this time because they chose to obey the Bible instead of the decrees of Popes and church councils. The mountains of Europe and the wilds of Africa and Asia became their refuge, and the new land of America seemed divinely ordained as a stronghold of religious freedom.

At the end of time, shortly before Christ returns, the dragon will inspire his agents to make “war” on the “remnant,” those who have remained true and not apostasized. This remnant is said to “keep the commandments of God.” They are not trying to earn their way to heaven, but they keep them because they love their Creator and Savior. Jesus said, “If ye love me, keep my commandments.” John 14:15. The Holy Spirit living in them brings them into harmony with God’s law and with His character. As Jesus says through His prophet, “’I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.'” Psalm 40:8.

Jesus gives His “testimony” through His prophets. In the end of times the gift of prophecy will still be active in the remnant church. Acts 2:17; Revelation 19:10; 22:9.​

So spewed a river means he pumped out a bunch of false witness? Is that what I'm reading?

This is disconcerting. The Bible.org site added a verse.... so from now on... I'm not really sure I can depend on that commentary... but here goes....

Verse 13 The dragon could not kill the child. God threw the dragon (Satan) out of heaven. So, the dragon turned his attention to the woman. He tried to kill her.

The woman means the true Jews. They are the Jews who trust in God. Satan will oppose them. But God will protect them.

Verse 14 God gave to the woman a pair of wings. They were like the wings of a great eagle. The eagle is a very powerful bird. With these wings, the woman escaped from the dragon.

The Lord had prepared a place for the woman. It was in the desert. She flew there and she was safe. The Lord protected her for three and a half years. The dragon had just three and a half years before Christ would arrest him. The woman was safe for the whole of that period.

This means that the Lord protects his own people. So, the Lord will protect until the end the Jews who trust in him.

Verses 15-16 As the woman flew to the desert, the dragon opened his mouth. He sent a great flood of water after her. If the water had reached her, she would have drowned. But the earth opened up and it swallowed the water. So, the water could not reach the woman. She was safe from the flood.

The devil will pour out all his evil deeds against the Jews. He will do all that he can to kill all of them. But God will not allow him to succeed. God has promised to rescue his people (called Israel) in the last days. And God will do the things that he promised to do. God will save *Israel.

Verse 17 The dragon was angry because he could not reach the woman. So, he went to fight her other children.

Christ came from the Jews. He, the Son of God, was by birth a Jew. Those who believed in him did not become Jews. The children of the woman were both Jews and those who were not Jews.

The dragon could not hurt the Jews. So, he attacked God’s people who were not Jews.

God’s people will suffer terrible problems for those three and a half years. Those who believe in Jesus will suffer much. Many of them will die because they believe in Jesus. It will be a terrible time.

Verse 18 The dragon stood by the sea. He would call up another beast from the sea. On behalf of the dragon, this new beast would lead the fight against God’s people.​

So actually, verse 18 leads into Chapter 13. I guess the Easy English site is quoting from the easy to read bible.

Bible.org.... it's got the king of the north in it..... like the seven headed dragon... the king of the north gets a lot of celebrity time.

Verse 13 shows us that it is when he realizes his time is short that Satan promotes his attack against Israel. His expulsion from heaven is proof of this. This is the motivating force behind many events that occur during the Tribulation, events that are all related in some way. For instance:

(1) It is probably at this point when the King of the North (which many believe is Russia or at least countries that lie in the southern portion of what used to be the Soviet Union) will move against Israel; this is one of the ways Satan tries to persecute the woman (cf. Ezek. 38:1-11; Dan. 9:27). This occurs when Israel is in peace and safety living in unwalled villages and trusting in the treaty with the Roman prince.

(2) God destroys the King of the North while evidently still on the mountains of Israel, before she and her allies ever get to Jerusalem (Ezek. 38:16-23). Ezekiel 39:1 could refer to a second invasion at the end of the Tribulation after Russia has somewhat recovered from the first defeat.

(3) This creates a vacuum in the power struggle of the world and the Roman prince now sees his chance for world dominion. This is where he makes his move as the beast under Satan’s direction. So he will then move into Palestine, break his treaty with Israel, commit the abomination of desolation and begin to persecute the woman, Israel (cf. Dan. 9:27b; 11:36-41; Matt. 24:15-22). All of this is the beginning of the Great Tribulation.

Yep... Gog and Magog.... is Gog Russia? So Satan gets the Russian Prince to spew a bunch of stuff against Christians?

These little tidbits came from Christianitytoday.com.

Russian president Vladimir Putin approved a package of anti-terrorism laws that usher in tighter restrictions on missionary activity and evangelism.

Despite prayers and protests from religious leaders and human rights advocates, the Kremlin announced Putin’s approval yesterday. The amendments, including laws against sharing faith in homes, online, or anywhere but recognized church buildings, go into effect July 20.

Protestants and religious minorities small enough to gather in homes fear they will be most affected. Last month, “the local police officer came to a home where a group of Pentecostals meet each Sunday," Konstantin Bendas, deputy bishop of the Pentecostal Union, told Forum 18. "With a contented expression he told them: ‘Now they're adopting the law I'll drive you all out of here.’ I reckon we should now fear such zealous enforcement.”

Earlier reporting (June 29): Christians in Russia won’t be allowed to email their friends an invitation to church or to evangelize in their own homes if Russia’s newest set of surveillance and anti-terrorism laws are enacted.

The proposed laws, considered the country’s most restrictive measures in post-Soviet history, place broad limitations on missionary work, including preaching, teaching, and engaging in any activity designed to recruit people into a religious group.

To share their faith, citizens must secure a government permit through a registered religious organization, and they cannot evangelize anywhere besides churches and other religious sites. The restrictions even apply to activity in private residences and online.

“If this legislation is approved, the religious situation in the country will grow considerably more complicated and many believers will find themselves in exile and subjected to reprisals because of our faith,” wrote Oleg Goncharov, spokesman for the Seventh-day Adventists’ Euro-Asia division, in an open letter.

Spewed a river???? Spewed is a good word.... I've heard a lot of spewing lately.... it's worrisome... but Israel is not at peace... so this is a prophesy.... Israel hasn't been a peace for a long long time.

:coffee: