Vaping and menthol cigarette ban

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The FDA is in the process of banning not only flavored e-cigs, but menthol cigarettes as well. Supposedly this will stop teen vaping/smoking...because...? It's already illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to buy cigarettes AND vaping stuff. They always card me at Walgreen's, even though I'm 55 years old and clearly old enough to buy vape stuff. Because a few kids are slipping through the legalities, now they want to outright ban it.

First of all, who smokes menthol cigarettes?

That's right, black people. So in my mind this ban specifically targets them and you'd think they'd object to that.

But what's really on my mind is government run amok. They are so powerful and we are such sheeple that they can do whatever they want, and there's nothing we can do to stop them. Government agencies can ban anything they please, no matter how stupid and overreaching, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Read this piece and the statements by FDA officials - it will make your head explode.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fda-restricts-most-flavored-e-150900520.html

And the comment: "Yet marijuana is being legalized."

It's freaking crazy.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
The FDA is in the process of banning not only flavored e-cigs, but menthol cigarettes as well. Supposedly this will stop teen vaping/smoking...because...? It's already illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to buy cigarettes AND vaping stuff. They always card me at Walgreen's, even though I'm 55 years old and clearly old enough to buy vape stuff. Because a few kids are slipping through the legalities, now they want to outright ban it.

That's right, black people. So in my mind this ban specifically targets them and you'd think they'd object to that.

But what's really on my mind is government run amok. They are so powerful and we are such sheeple that they can do whatever they want, and there's nothing we can do to stop them. Government agencies can ban anything they please, no matter how stupid and overreaching, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Read this piece and the statements by FDA officials - it will make your head explode.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fda-restricts-most-flavored-e-150900520.html

And the comment: "Yet marijuana is being legalized."

It's freaking crazy.

I think a lot of young people smoke menthol, regardless of their skin color. I switched to non-menthol when I was 20 something. That said, they need to just stop. People will find a way. If they ban menthol cigarettes, some dumb ass will start putting mint oil on their smokes. Not all oils are created equal, but most people don't know this.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

:howdy:

Newport 100's in a box please ... [before I quit]

before that Dunhill Redbox ... going back to the early 90s then

Marloboro Lights [give me them miles]

Camel Wide Gauge
Camel Exotic Blends [various mostly flavored types - they came in these nifty metal tins]

Camel-Exotic-Blend-Cigarette-Tins-Lot-of-16.jpg

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
:howdy:

Newport 100's in a box please ... [before I quit]

Ha..that's what I smoked in my early 20s..then I switched to Marlboro Lights and smoked those up until I quit about 8 years ago. After I switched, I couldn't stand a menthol cigarette...

luvmygdaughters

Virginia Slims Menthols! Started with Marlboro Red, switched to Benson and Hedges Menthols, than to the Virginia Slims. I can remember getting cigarettes from my brother in law when I was a teenager, Lucky Strikes...no filters:barf:

If the government would worry more about enforcing penalties on things that are ILLEGAL, instead of imposing fines on things that are LEGAL, maybe we wouldnt have so many opiate overdoses!!!!! SMOKING CIGARETTES IS LEGAL!!!!!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If the government would worry more about enforcing penalties on things that are ILLEGAL, instead of imposing fines on things that are LEGAL, maybe we wouldnt have so many opiate overdoses!!!!!

If you'd just shut up and obey it would all work out for you!

Big Brother knows what's good for you. Oh, ####! :banghead: That's toxicly masculine or patriarchal.... Lets call that Big Sister!

Oh, wait.... Big might be seen as "fat shaming".... Yo Mama? Hmmmm... That sounds kinda "urban" ....

This_person

Are we a free people or not?!!

Can you fly without search/seizure? No.

Can you decide whether or not to wear your seatbelt? No.

Can you openly carry a firearm in public places in all states? No.

Can you own your own property, doing with it as you will (provided you cause no harm off of your property)? No.

So, are we free people? NO!

stgislander

PREMO Member
Can you fly without search/seizure? No.

Can you decide whether or not to wear your seatbelt? No.

Can you openly carry a firearm in public places in all states? No.

Can you own your own property, doing with it as you will (provided you cause no harm off of your property)? No.

So, are we free people? NO!

And immediately after the sermon, the choir sings the Alleluias.

Chris0nllyn

I'm white and started on Newports. My best friend is white and smokes menthol cigs.

I eventually switched to non-menthols, and finally quit cold-turkey about 4 months ago.

luvmygdaughters

Can you own your own property, doing with it as you will (provided you cause no harm off of your property)? No

I have always said, bar and restaurant owners should be able to decide if they want to be a smoking or non smoking establishment. The customer can than choose which one it would like to frequent.

This_person

Can you own your own property, doing with it as you will (provided you cause no harm off of your property)? No

I have always said, bar and restaurant owners should be able to decide if they want to be a smoking or non smoking establishment. The customer can than choose which one it would like to frequent.

I absolutely hate smoking, but I agree 100% with this statement.

The argument came in not from customer complaints, but from staff complaints. Choose where you work, just like choose which restaurants you frequent.