Thread: Sarcasm its a form of violence.

Sarcasm its a form of violence.

According to the Institute of Public Affairs Free Speech on Campus Audit 2017, the University of Queensland, Western Sydney University, and Charles Sturt University all ban sarcasm, and their anguish is palpable and justifiably overwrought. We must protect the feelings of students as we prepare them to go into the real world, where they will certainly be shielded from harsh language or distasteful humor.

Both the Charles Sturt University and the University of Queensland include sarcasm in their bullying policies, lumping it together with ridicule. Western Sydney University includes sarcasm in its guide about how to identify potentially aggressive behaviors and warns to be careful with humour and sarcasm when trying to use proper netiquette. (Politeness on the internet.)

https://www.dailywire.com/news/38440...n-kassy-dillon
    Were tempted to suggest a conspiracy here but its just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply cant conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.

Damn... my wife would be in jail if sarcasm was a recognized form of violence here. It's her #1 coping mechanism.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Damn... my wife would be in jail if sarcasm was a recognized form of violence here. It's her #1 coping mechanism.
    Huh. I never noticed.
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Huh. I never noticed.
    Doesn't take much these days to place a college kid in the Safe room.
    we are teaching a world of pussies.

What if sarcasm is someone's native language?
    Go back and search before you rock back that Pez dispenser of Stupid called a mouth. ~ Pete

Have to shut the Navy down.
    "I am capable of much unpleasantness."

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    According to the Institute of Public Affairs’ Free Speech on Campus Audit 2017, the University of Queensland, Western Sydney University, and Charles Sturt University all ban sarcasm
    My opinion of Aussies has now reached a new low.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    My opinion of Aussies has now reached a new low.
    They're following the British model.

Members who have read this thread: 41