Chris Cuomo And The Misappropriation Of Tragedy

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
All individuals, whether victims or not, have the right to voice their opinions on policy. However, if the supposedly objective media decide to promote these viewpoints in an attempt to support policy, then they have a duty to critically analyze these opinions. Journalists could acknowledge that the concept of “no more guns” is widely debated for reasons such as constitutional law, efficacy, or practicality.

The media, however, reject this need for objective analysis by assigning authority on policy based upon victimhood alone. Masking their biased opinions under the guise of objective news journalism, they carefully curate their sources of victimhood. With politically aligned victims, they promote their subjective political agenda by manipulating their audience through emotional arguments.

This was demonstrated after Susan Orfanos’ interview. CNN host Chris Cuomo lambasted those who offer “thoughts and prayers,” stating that they are simply mocking victims of gun violence, and that people must agree with his view on gun control if they truly care about the victims. His arrogant and illogical argument was based on nothing more than an emotional appeal.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/38475/haworth-chris-cuomo-and-misappropriation-tragedy-ian-haworth

SamSpade

You know what? I do have to admit, when I am grieving, sometimes "thoughts and prayers" seems lame.
Sometimes it just seems like it's what you say when you don't really want to send flowers, a card or show up to the door.

On the other hand, if I was grieving and Cuomo said that about MY situation, I'd forget my grief
and get medieval on his ass.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Chris Cuomo is living proof of nepotism. There's no way he got that job on his own merit.

Hijinx

Chris Cuomo is living proof of nepotism. There's no way he got that job on his own merit.

You mean Chelsea didn't get her first job because of her expertise?

Nepotism is the bane of so many politicians and Hollywood stars.