'Bout Dang Time

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Man Sues Airline For Sitting Him Next To Overweight Passenger On 13-Hour Flight

Prosser said he was wedged between the wall of the plane and the large passenger, who was in the middle seat, during the flight from Bangkok to London.

Since then, he has suffered nerve damage to his back and his pelvis has been knocked out of alignment.

“He was a huge bloke, not just overweight but really big boned as well. He was a real lump,” he said.

“I felt discomfort as soon as he sat down because I was pinned against the side of the cabin.

“I asked whether they could move him or move me but it was a full flight and they decided not to move me to a crew member’s seat because I’d have to keep on getting up to allow them to get to the galley.”

Prosser said he was told he would have to make a formal complaint and was sent back to his seat.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/man-...-for-sitting-him-next-to-overweight-passenger

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Good. If someone has a condition that prevents them from doing normal activity (such as only taking up one seat) that's on them and shouldn't infringe on the rights of others. I'd be pissed if I paid for a whole seat but only ended up with half of it.

Hijinx

Good. If someone has a condition that prevents them from doing normal activity (such as only taking up one seat) that's on them and shouldn't infringe on the rights of others. I'd be pissed if I paid for a whole seat but only ended up with half of it.

If they didn't try to make their last dollar on flights and had a decent sized seat to begin with it wouldn't be a problem.
God knows 90% of Americans are Obese. The planes should allow for that.

Tech

If they didn't try to make their last dollar on flights and had a decent sized seat to begin with it wouldn't be a problem.
God knows 90% of Americans are Obese. The planes should allow for that.

Should sell tickets by the pound with a max tonnage allowance for passengers. Fatter they are, the less there are of them.

Hijinx

Should sell tickets by the pound with a max tonnage allowance for passengers. Fatter they are, the less there are of them.

Maybe they should put in a half dozen fat person seats. I would bet there isn't a flight going out that doesn't have 2 or 3 fat folks on it.