Let’s be honest: The administration loves having CNN’s White House reporter in the spotlight.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
And OK, look, this is good news. The administration’s legal argument that it had the right to revoke any reporter’s access at any time for any reason was laughable. The White House isn’t President Trump’s private palace; it’s the nerve center of one of our three branches of representative government. As such, if the White House wants to crack down on reportorial bad behavior, they should develop standards for what kind of offenses would cause reporters to lose access—not just revoke passes willy-nilly when they provoke the administration.

Why? Because the White House loves it when Acosta is in the spotlight. He’s the perfect foil to Trump, the perfect face for the administration’s constant campaign against the “fake news media.” Acosta’s tedious furrowed-brow posturing and spotlight-hogging and his fixation on Trump’s meanness to the press are all catnip to a president who loves nothing more than to tell his fans that that’s what journalists are all about. Any time Acosta asks Trump a question, Trump gets to make a choice: Do I stay on whatever thorny subject I’m being asked about, or do I pivot to “Trump calls Jim Acosta names”? This president opts for the latter every time.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/andr...-press-pass-back-but-trump-is-the-real-winner

Hijinx

And OK, look, this is good news. The administration’s legal argument that it had the right to revoke any reporter’s access at any time for any reason was laughable. The White House isn’t President Trump’s private palace; it’s the nerve center of one of our three branches of representative government. As such, if the White House wants to crack down on reportorial bad behavior, they should develop standards for what kind of offenses would cause reporters to lose access—not just revoke passes willy-nilly when they provoke the administration.

Why? Because the White House loves it when Acosta is in the spotlight. He’s the perfect foil to Trump, the perfect face for the administration’s constant campaign against the “fake news media.” Acosta’s tedious furrowed-brow posturing and spotlight-hogging and his fixation on Trump’s meanness to the press are all catnip to a president who loves nothing more than to tell his fans that that’s what journalists are all about. Any time Acosta asks Trump a question, Trump gets to make a choice: Do I stay on whatever thorny subject I’m being asked about, or do I pivot to “Trump calls Jim Acosta names”? This president opts for the latter every time.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/andr...-press-pass-back-but-trump-is-the-real-winner

Well: Andrew you need to keep up with the news son.
Like most people you assumed that the court ruling would put President Trump in a dither and he and Sarah would be stuck with Acosta.

Now we find the fact is the judge only gave Trump a 14 day restraining order .
Now the President will form rules for the behavior of journalists and have legitimate cause for banning them
Acosta will be banned again after the 14 days are up, and it will be in accordance with those rules.
And there won't be any conferences for 14 days.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's crap and presumes that Jim Acosta is the only media attack dog obsessed with degrading President Trump. Take Acosta out of the picture and now you have pretty much everyone at CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, WashPo, NYT, LATimes, etc etc etc.

Trump has never shied away from answering "thorny" questions - sometimes he answers them *too* much and makes my eyes glaze over. But the questions these tards ask are typically loaded and combative, designed to "gotcha" and grandstand, not inform the public. Many times they don't even freaking let him answer - they just interrupt and start peppering him.

I mean, yes, I think Trump enjoys helping these people look like the fools they are, but he is very respectful and forthcoming with the reporters who are actually doing their job.

This_person

The logic of the posted information is rather......strange.

So, if I understand the logic correctly, they're saying that the White Housed banned Acosta because they love him asking questions so Trump can pivot to "the news hates me". They said the "foil" couldn't be there, so he could be there and be the foil? Is that right?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The logic of the posted information is rather......strange.

So, if I understand the logic correctly, they're saying that the White Housed banned Acosta because they love him asking questions so Trump can pivot to "the news hates me". They said the "foil" couldn't be there, so he could be there and be the foil? Is that right?

Pretty much, yes.