Acosta's Will Be OUT When Judge's Order Expires

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On Friday, U.S. District Judge Timothy J. Kelly granted a 14-day restraining order after CNN filed a lawsuit claiming Acosta's right under the First and Fifth amendments were violated when the White House rescinded his press pass after the TV reporter refused to return a microphone during a press conference.

CNN reported on Sunday night that the White House has sent a letter to Acosta saying his press pass will be suspended at the end of the month, when that 14-day period expires.

"Friday's court ruling means that a temporary restraining order is in effect for 14 days. But [White House] officials sent Acosta a letter stating that his press pass is set to be suspended again once the restraining order expires," CNN's Brian Stelter reported.

White House Vows To Suspend Jim Acosta's Press Pass Once Again When Judge's Order Expires

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Now it's personal.

Of course, CNN lies so this story may not even be true. They may just be saying that to keep themselves in the news cycle.

Hijinx

Well, yeah. Acosta made it personal.

When the original story came out there was no mention of a 14 day restraining order. I assumed he would get his pass back. I think everyone else thought so too.
So in effect the whole story of winning in court is fake news.
Pretty sure there won't be any conference's for him to attend in the 14 days.the Judge gave him and no reason for him to be on WH property.

So he can go on reporting on the WH, from the outside. You know an abject apology and a promise to act like he has some sense would probably solve the whole thing, even now.

limblips

PREMO Member
Acosta’s legal team objected to the letter, calling it an “attempt to provide retroactive due process” in the papers filed on Monday.

Oh the hypocrisy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It would be pretty simple to replace Jim Acosta with a real reporter. Give Acosta the talk show he so desperately wants and let someone else cover the White House.

Problem solved.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It would be pretty simple to replace Jim Acosta with a real reporter. Give Acosta the talk show he so desperately wants and let someone else cover the White House.

Problem solved.
They won't give him a show... Not even the mindless progs could take an hour of Acosta.

Salmon

The Judge should then hold Trump I’m contempt and take him into custody. Any of us would be locked up for ignoring a court order.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Judge should then hold Trump I’m contempt and take him into custody. Any of us would be locked up for ignoring a court order.

I see you didn't read the piece and have no idea what you're talking about. Keywords: "temporary" and "14-day".

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
They do an hour of Don Lemon. They do Mika and Blow. Acosta should be a piece of cake.

Ok. I dont' see how those last either. The script is identical day after day... And the Coumo brother makes Lemon sound like a MENSA candidate.

This_person

So, in your world, following the court order to the letter is "ignoring a court order"?

What color is the sky in that world, Cliffy?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Put it on 11PM and add celebrity guests and a band, and you've got the next Colbert.

The problem is that Acosta is supremely untalented. He's a pretty boy and that's pretty much it. He's George Clooney playing the role of reporter.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And stealing everyone else's screen time doing it.

Exactly. Acosta seems to think we watch these things to see him posture. He makes himself the center of attention and sucks the air out of the room. If I were one of the other reporters I'd be pissed.

Exactly. Acosta seems to think we watch these things to see him posture. He makes himself the center of attention and sucks the air out of the room. If I were one of the other reporters I'd be pissed.

Hmmm... I wonder what Obama would do...

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Let him come on back.. Put a high chair in the BACK of the press room and put him in it with a brand new pacifier.. Then don't call on him for anything..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Then don't call on him for anything..

That's what I'd do - just not call on him. There's nothing that says he gets any kind of priority.

In fact, I wouldn't allow fake news dummies a press pass in the first place. Why not give one to The Onion? How about Mad Magazine? Why don't they get a press pass?