Gov. Jerry Brown Quietly Admits Trump Was Right, Eases California Logging Rules

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
California Governor Jerry Brown appears to have quietly admitted President Donald Trump's suggestion about improving California forestry was correct, and is now urging state lawmakers to loosen restrictive logging regulations put in place to appease environmentalists.

"Gov. Jerry Brown is proposing broad new changes to California’s logging rules that would allow landowners to cut larger trees and build temporary roads without obtaining a permit as a way to thin more forests across the state," the paper reports.

Environmentalists in California aren't on board. They've been pushing for years to make California's logging rules more restrictive, not less, but in the wake of the deadly forest fires that ripped through the state this month, prominent lawmakers believe a change must be made before more people die from a preventable situation.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
MR, you better run and tell Gov. Brown that that's not what's exacerbating the fires.
Maybe you can remember which crappy rodent species it was that environmentalists used to block the brush clearing in the 90s.

Chris0nllyn

SamSpade

MR, you better run and tell Gov. Brown that that's not what's exacerbating the fires.

I thought he was blaming Climate Change ----- deniers.

Yeah - the PEOPLE who don't agree with climate change theories - not the climate itself.

SamSpade

I've READ that California has an extremely long history of raging fires that are part of its natural cycle - a balance of drought, winds, fast growth, brush and forest density -
and that by trying to stop the fires altogether they've created a perfect storm situation for unbelievable fires.

And the sensible thing to do would be - at the very least - do controlled burnoffs. Let it burn, but control how it is done, just as avalanches in mountains are created
to prevent unexpected disastrous ones.

Fire is PART of the natural cycle. HUMANS have tried to change it.

Hijinx

California Governor Jerry Brown appears to have quietly admitted President Donald Trump's suggestion about improving California forestry was correct, and is now urging state lawmakers to loosen restrictive logging regulations put in place to appease environmentalists.

"Gov. Jerry Brown is proposing broad new changes to California’s logging rules that would allow landowners to cut larger trees and build temporary roads without obtaining a permit as a way to thin more forests across the state," the paper reports.

Environmentalists in California aren't on board. They've been pushing for years to make California's logging rules more restrictive, not less, but in the wake of the deadly forest fires that ripped through the state this month, prominent lawmakers believe a change must be made before more people die from a preventable situation.

We used to call that locking the barn after the horse got loose.

Midnightrider

I've READ that California has an extremely long history of raging fires that are part of its natural cycle - a balance of drought, winds, fast growth, brush and forest density -
and that by trying to stop the fires altogether they've created a perfect storm situation for unbelievable fires.

And the sensible thing to do would be - at the very least - do controlled burnoffs. Let it burn, but control how it is done, just as avalanches in mountains are created
to prevent unexpected disastrous ones.

Fire is PART of the natural cycle. HUMANS have tried to change it.

Yep, there are a lot of factors. I know I didn’t mention or hint at climate change.

Controlled burns are good and well in areas where you don’t hav3 homes and developments. The areas that are burning have homes and developments and people.

And the tweets out of Finland in response are hysterical.

Hijinx

Yep, there are a lot of factors. I know I didn’t mention or hint at climate change.

Controlled burns are good and well in areas where you don’t hav3 homes and developments. The areas that are burning have homes and developments and people.

But did they start where those homes and people are. I believe they worked their way over there.

This_person

As I said, you can't even acknowledge the right answer when told.