Mother Says 6-Year-Old Son's Photos On Instagram Are Ignored And Will Ruin His Life

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A mother of a six-year-old boy offered a disturbing post on Instagram on his sixth birthday, bemoaning the fact that he didn’t get as many “Likes” on Instragram when she posted his photos. The mom’s post included troubling statements like these: “From a statistical point of view, he wasn’t as popular with everyone out there … I say all that because I want to believe that it wasn’t him … that it was on me.” Things went downhill from there, as she wrote, “I wanted to clarify that I revealed this feeling because I know one day he will see the numbers and have to learn that his value is not in online approval.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/38521/mother-says-6-year-old-sons-photos-instagram-are-hank-berrien

:shocking:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A mother of a six-year-old boy offered a disturbing post on Instagram on his sixth birthday, bemoaning the fact that he didn’t get as many “Likes” on Instragram when she posted his photos. The mom’s post included troubling statements like these: “From a statistical point of view, he wasn’t as popular with everyone out there … I say all that because I want to believe that it wasn’t him … that it was on me.” Things went downhill from there, as she wrote, “I wanted to clarify that I revealed this feeling because I know one day he will see the numbers and have to learn that his value is not in online approval.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/38521/mother-says-6-year-old-sons-photos-instagram-are-hank-berrien

:shocking:

As shockingly gross this is, I actually have seen a parent shamelessly troll for posts for how great their kid is.

limblips

PREMO Member
Her worry is the kid will become a maladjusted outcast. She has a valid concern. With her as a mother the poor kid has little chance of normalcy in life.

MiddleGround

The only thing worse than this are the shameless posts from adults showing the "presents" or "gifts" they give to their kids on Valentines, Easter, etc.

Do they really need the "look at me and how much I have to spend to buy my kid's effection" validation THAT much?? :doh:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The only thing worse than this are the shameless posts from adults showing the "presents" or "gifts" they give to their kids on Valentines, Easter, etc.

Do they really need the "look at me and how much I have to spend to buy my kid's effection" validation THAT much?? :doh:

A true narcissist does.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Good grief. And if I read that correctly, she has four kids to screw up with her pathological narcissism.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Good grief. And if I read that correctly, she has four kids to screw up with her pathological narcissism.

If she doesn't look good it has to be someone else's fault. i.e., all the other people that didn't "like" her kids pic. Poor kids.

Bonehead

I have two grandsons (twins) and you will never see me or their parents post anything about them on social media. (Other than this)

mitzi

I knew a girl who did this one year. 50 pictures of how surprised her girls were with the presents. It had to be a couple thousand dollars worth of gifts. Meanwhile, their house was going in foreclosure.