Speaker of the House

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I just learned something. Or I guess if I'd thought about it I already knew.

SotH doesn't have to be from the majority party. It just usually is because they have the most votes and usually vote unanimously.

Problem for the Dems is that 16 members have vowed not to vote for Pelosi.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I have no doubt that San Fran Nan will be Speaker again.

Midnightrider

SotH doesn't have to be from the majority party. It just usually is because they have the most votes and usually vote unanimously.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I have no doubt that San Fran Nan will be Speaker again.
welcome to 7th grade civics

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Trump has her back!

:lmao:

This_person

Speaker doesn't have to be a Representative, either. It can be someone unelected to the House entirely. This was discussed at length when Ryan initially said he didn't want it, and a lot of people suggested "drafting" (so to speak) Newt back as Speaker. Others were also suggested.

And, for those interested, McConnell is not in succession to be Pres, even if Trump/Pence/and Ryan were to all die in a horrible plane crash TODAY. McConnell, despite what the press tells you (because they're willfully uninformed) is not next in line. :patriot:

This_person

you are constantly "just learning" stuff that is covered in middle school civics. this is just your latest example.

Hey, at least she's learning!! She's got you beat 100% that way. Even when proven wrong, you strut like you're right, proving you can't know the right answer even when told.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
In all honesty... is strutting like you are right much worse than vanishing and NEVER admitting they are wrong? :shrug:

Vanishing when you are right is much more funnerer. Leave the idiots hanging... :yay:...or "outrunning the forum cop", metaphorically speaking.

SamSpade

What is strange WOULD be if enough Dems refuse to vote for Nancy - if the Republicans could unanimously vote their own in.

I don't see how this would happen, since I don't think each party can nominate more than one person, although it's possible
the party could CHOOSE Nancy as its nominee and have a couple dozen never-Nancies vote for someone else or refuse to vote.

In the end, they're going to see that they're better off voting her in.

SamSpade

Looking at past elections over the last forty years - there's never been a "third party spoiler".

The election has always been decisive, if not unanimous within party.

MiddleGround

Vanishing when you are right is much more funnerer. Leave the idiots hanging... :yay:...or "outrunning the forum cop", metaphorically speaking.

Checking in to destroy yet another in a long line of threads huh Billy boy?

Anything of substance to actually add to the discussion or just some of what you have had to offer the other 52,000+ times?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Checking in to destroy yet another in a long line of threads huh Billy boy?

Anything of substance to actually add to the discussion or just some of what you have had to offer the other 52,000+ times?

Just wanted to acknowledge your typically vacuous posts and roll on. Bye. :razz:

MiddleGround

Just wanted to acknowledge your typically vacuous posts and roll on. Bye. :razz:

And that about sums up, in total, what you have to offer this forum. Drive bys, insults, and witless banter.

So, nothing to offer of substance? (This is me actually trying to have to join the conversation and add to it)