Here's what I don't understand

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
CDC is saying don't eat Romaine lettuce, and telling restaurants to stop serving it because....32 people in 11 states have gotten sick.

32 people.

Out of how many who've eaten Romaine in the last few weeks? That just doesn't seem like an epidemic to me or really anything to worry about at all. When I see these dire warnings I always think the, in this case, Romaine lettuce growers didn't pay their protection money to the government and now they're being punished.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Apparently one of the lettuce pickers didn't wash his hands when he left the restroom.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I agree the number is small, but... young children, old people, people with compromised immune systems are more likely to get very ill. But I'm sure you know that.

PeoplesElbow

CDC is saying don't eat Romaine lettuce, and telling restaurants to stop serving it because....32 people in 11 states have gotten sick.

32 people.

Out of how many who've eaten Romaine in the last few weeks? That just doesn't seem like an epidemic to me or really anything to worry about at all. When I see these dire warnings I always think the, in this case, Romaine lettuce growers didn't pay their protection money to the government and now they're being punished.

Wow, I knew a girl that gave more than 32 guys chlamydia.

transporter

32 people.

Thanks! I'll make sure to add this the list of things you don't understand. It is an impressive list that has already been used in many "teachable moments"!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Thanks! I'll make sure to add this the list of things you don't understand. It is an impressive list that has already been used in many "teachable moments"!

Shoot. And here we all hoped your recent absence was due to a fatal encounter with romaine lettuce.

littlelady

God bless the USA
With only 32 people sick, the odds are on my side.

I went to Giant this afternoon, bought romaine, got home, and read your thread about the warning. I called Giant and they will give a refund. I am thinking it prob is ok, but not taking the chance. Once again, this forum is very informative and interesting. :yay: