Of all the stories Fox News 5 could have covered...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
they chose this one. And even sent a reporter to the CVS on GM Road, who did a broadcast from in front. :roflmao:

BODY WASH BANDITS: Thieves steal dozens of bottles of Dove Body Wash worth $800 in St. Mary's County

LEXINGTON PARK, Md. - St. Mary’s County sheriff’s deputies are searching for a pair of suspects accused of a bizarre crime – walking into a CVS store and stealing several bottles of body wash.

You may be wondering if an $8 bottle of Dove Body Wash is really worth the squeeze. Investigators believe these thieves care less about the price tag and more about the ease of finding a buyer.

“Right now, it’s over 80 bottles of body wash,” said St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Cpl. Julie Yingling. “Approximately $800 worth of merchandise.”
Authorities say it happened back on Nov. 14 at around 6 p.m. at the CVS store off of Three Notch Road.

“One was carrying a backpack and one had a jacket on,” said Yingling. “They proceeded to take several bottles of the Dove Body Wash. They left the store. Within minutes later, they came back – this time without the backpack and utilized the jacket to take the remaining bottles of the Dove Body Wash, and cleaned off the shelf.”

Several days later, some shelves in the store still sit empty. Investigators say these thieves are likely looking for a liquid asset they can quickly turn around and resell.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-ne...jMd62s2OAR1GR9j-Ab54PJk#.W_Sdd1toby0.facebook

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've seen merchandise like that come up in the sidebar on Facebook under the "local yard sale" banner.
A recent one I saw was "All Must Go, cash only" and the picture was of a bunch of bottles of Tide laundry detergent.

glhs837

Power with Control
You never know if that's some extreme couponer or something like this. The ones I'm 99% sure are stolen goods are the constant stream of new in box power tools for 60% off retail. That crap either walked out the back of Lowes or HD, or was purchased using a stolen credit card. People very rarely buy power tools and then resell them at a loss.

PeoplesElbow

I once saw someone trying to sell 15 tubes of KY Jelly in the facebook garage sale page...... I wonder if that came from CVS.

PeoplesElbow

You never know if that's some extreme couponer or something like this. The ones I'm 99% sure are stolen goods are the constant stream of new in box power tools for 60% off retail. That crap either walked out the back of Lowes or HD, or was purchased using a stolen credit card. People very rarely buy power tools and then resell them at a loss.

I see people trying to pass off Harbor Freight tools as high dollar tools on Craigs List all the time.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I once saw someone trying to sell 15 tubes of KY Jelly in the facebook garage sale page...... I wonder if that came from CVS.

If you see one selling 15 bottles of mouthwash give them Madonnas phone number.

officeguy

A recent one I saw was "All Must Go, cash only" and the picture was of a bunch of bottles of Tide laundry detergent.

Tide and baby formula concentrate are sort of a currency in the crappier parts of Baltimore. Frequently stolen and sold/bartered to corner stores in exchange for things like cigarettes and rolling tobacco.

glhs837

Power with Control
Lowe's Kobalt power tools are made by the same suppliers that make Chicago Electric for Harbor freight.

I'm no contractor, so they dont get continuous abuse, but my 24v Kobalt drill/impact driver combo has been awesome. Having purchased a 40v Lynxx pole saw recently, I do see a difference in fit and finish between the two brands. The Kobalt stuff is much more finished, much better put together. But the pole saw I'll use twice a year maybe, it doesnt need to be professional grade.

PeoplesElbow

Lowe's Kobalt power tools are made by the same suppliers that make Chicago Electric for Harbor freight.

Most tools are made in the same huge factory in China, its how much that factory is paid for the tools that matter.

I have some Chicago Electric tools that are OK, but I wouldn't trust them if my job depended on them. Their Pittsburgh hand tools are much closer in quality too "good" tools.

Even the DeWalt tools Lowes sell are made cheaper than what you would buy from a non-big box store btw.

CPUSA

Just a side note, doesn't really have anything to do with this story...

There will be a charity hoe wash at the Checkers on GM road on Thanksgiving Day...
Bring in your dirty assed hoes to get them cleaned up & ready for work this weekend!!
All proceeds will be donated to the AOC Remedial Civics Educational Fund...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Most tools are made in the same huge factory in China, its how much that factory is paid for the tools that matter.

I have some Chicago Electric tools that are OK, but I wouldn't trust them if my job depended on them. Their Pittsburgh hand tools are much closer in quality too "good" tools.

Even the DeWalt tools Lowes sell are made cheaper than what you would buy from a non-big box store btw.

Other product lines are made for Big Box sale, rather than professional specialty vendors.
Saw a complaint on the Lowe's Facebook page where the customer relayed that Pella told them they make a lesser line for Low's.