Revelation 13 USA??

seekeroftruth

Revelation 13:11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon.​

Now I'm not the one writing this commentary. I've been really good about posting the amazing discoveries site commentaries even tho I think they are way off base.... and now.... the commentary declares this beast has something to do with our glorious United States of America.... Oh man.... and there are five reasons to back them up.... according to them.... :faint:

From amazingdiscoveries.org.

The next beast in the vision comes up “out of the earth: and is described as having “two horns like a lamb. This beast represents the United States of America. Here are five clues which help us to accurately determine its identity:

1. It comes to power around 1798 as the Papacy is going into captivity and receiving its deadly wound. At that time the United States was just “coming up” as a youthful nation. The United States declared its independence on July 4, 1776, and by 1790 all thirteen colonies had ratified the constitution. This nation was quickly drawn into world politics and today is a world superpower.

2. The “sea” represents “multitudes and nations.” Revelation 17:15. The beasts that arise from the sea usually do so amid the strife of war. By contrast, this one comes “out of the earth," representing a relatively peaceful emergence in a comparatively unpopulated area. This is exactly the manner in which The United States came to power.

3. This beast with “two horns like a lamb” represents a nation of youth, innocence and gentleness, which is based on the two great principles of civil and religious liberty (“for where the spirit of the Lord is there is liberty” 2 Corinthians 3:17). At its inception, the United States had the strength of its form of government, and of its people’s religion. Republicanism and Protestantism were the fundamental principles of the nation. These principles are the secret of its power and prosperity. It is strong because the government and the church are separate, without one controlling the other.

4. It is noteworthy that this beast lacks any crowns. The United States of America is a grand experiment in government that serves its people rather than enslaving them, and in religion that allows freedom of conscience and expression. It is a country that has government without a king and religion without a pope.

5. It becomes a world power, strong enough to force the world, on pain of death, to worship the image of the beast, vss. 12-17.​

Well in theory.....

This is form the blueletterbible.org site.

Then I saw another beast: This creature represents someone like the beast rising from the sea, because the same word beast is used to describe them both. At the same time, this beast is different.

They are different in origin, because one comes out of the sea, the other out of the earth.

They are different in rank, because the second is subordinate to the first (causes the earth … to worship the first beast, Revelation 13:12)

They are different in appearance, because the second has a mild, "lamb-like" appearance.​

And he had two horns like a lamb: The two horns may express the fact that this beast has authority in two realms, such as religious and political authority. Or, he may have two horns simply because that's how many horns lambs have (two horns like a lamb).

Spoke like a dragon: Despite his lamb-like appearance, the message of the second beast is the same as the message of the first beast.

This second beast is called the false prophet (Revelation 16:13, 19:20, 20:10), as someone distinct from the first beast (the Antichrist) and the dragon (Satan).

With the dragon, the beast rising from the sea, and the beast rising from the land we have an unholy trinity. The dragon is the anti-Father, the beast rising from the sea is the anti-Christ, and the beast rising from the land is the anti-Holy Spirit.

What a mess.... Now there's a Trinity in Heaven.... and there's a trinity on earth.

When I was a child... the kids in the neighborhood use to play softball in the open field that anchored our neighborhood. We would do a schoolhouse pick. Two people would be the captain and they would pick until everyone had a team. [Just so you know... I wasn't always picked last]..... so in Revelation... it looks like the schoolhouse pick is done.... God, Jesus, Spirit v. satan, antichrist, and antispirit.

We're at the Seventh Seal, Seventh Trumpet, First Bowl and there is the dragon, the beast from the sea and the beast from the earth.

:coffee: