You’re Morally Obligated To Call Out Racist Trump Supporters At Thanksgiving

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On the same day that The New York Times profiled ways to argue with your conservative family members over Thanksgiving dinner, thereby ruining the beloved holiday for everyone, the foodie website Eater argued that people are morally obligated to debate racist Trump supporters at the dinner table.

The piece by Amy McCarthy begins by painting a bleak picture of Trump's America that's quickly headed toward the dystopian future depicted in "The Handmaid's Tale," a country where children have been separated from their families at the southern border and where mass shootings dominate the news.

"Moderates everywhere still insist that being nice to your racist, Trump-supporting relatives at the Thanksgiving table is somehow going to be the balm that prevents us from ending up in Margaret Atwood’s Gilead," begins McCarthy. "That assessment is, frankly, a steaming pile of bulls**t."

McCarthy claims that such calls for civility are simply conspiratorial ruses enacted by privileged white males who seek to pacify people. :twitch:

You’re Morally Obligated To Call Out Racist Trump Supporters At Thanksgiving

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Yeah... Go ahead and Piss Off Dad while he's got a few drinks in him and a great big knife in his hand to carve turkeys! :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Honestly, if you're so indoctrinated that you have to fight with your family at a holiday dinner, they probably already don't like you. I'd be interested in a study of how many families have decided to scale down their TG dinner this year and have an intimate get together rather than the whole fam dam specifically because of those family members who cannot be civil for a couple of hours.

SamSpade

Part II:

This also ties into cult behavior: alienating members from their families.

Oh this is textbook cult behavior. And you all know, *I* know.

How many times I heard the quote "I have not come to bring peace to the world, but a sword".
No event was sacred - I know of a guy who spoke at a funeral and said "your loved one is in HELL,
but it's NOT TOO LATE TO SAVE YOURSELVES!".

I wish I had a nickel for every story I heard where people came back from vacation talking about
how obstinate and stubborn their families were, and how they argued all weekend, but they're all
stiff-necked and - well, you get it. They were strongly encouraged to "take advantage" of the situation
of being with family to preach the gospel to. "I have no family anymore - YOU guys are my family".

And to get in their faces, if possible.

It IS cultic to utterly dispense with courtesy, family warmth, civility and so forth and take a family
time and turn it into a fight.

And I've said, this maniacal hate of Trump and anything associated with him takes the typical
liberal cultic behavior to a new level. Politics supplants religion for these folks.

Hijinx

There won't be any arguments at my house.
We all support Trump.

I didn't raise any idiots.

:oldman::oldman: