Do you mind getting older?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is under News and Current Events because today is my :bday:

:diva:

Okay, enough of that.

Monello asked me last night if I have some angst over birthdays. The answer is no - never have. My 30th was great, my 40th was a blast, my 50th was the best ever, and I anticipate my 60th will be amazing, too. I always looked forward to my milestone birthdays. I have a lot of accomplishments and experiences under my belt, so it's fun to look back and go, damn, this has been a pretty cool life, while looking forward to future adventures.

I always wanted to be a crusty old broad who didn't care what people thought and told my haters to go to hell - women like that have always been my sheroes and mentors, ever since I was a little girl. And now here I am! :yahoo:

I never did get why we celebrate birthdays... "Yay! You aren't dead yet!" celebrations no longer have the same impact now that we've increased life expectancies considerably.

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

Birthdays have never bothered me. I turned 30, big deal, I turned 40:yawn:, I turned 50...well that was great one because I got my AARP discounts :dingding:, I turned 60 :snooze:, Now, Im looking forward to retiring in a couple of years. Its all good!!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I never remember my own birthday..have literally forgotten it many times. Was going through security check-in to get a badge at a shipyard one time and the duty clerk handed my passport back and said "Happy Birthday!". I looked around to see who the heck he was talking to... ;-p

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Is it because that's the age they start the prostate exams?

True story, when the Indian doctor wanted to check my prostate last time I said okay, I'm ready and opened my mouth wide.

He got me back a few minutes later by saying. "You are very, very loose" :ohwell:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
No, it doesn't bother me, other than I would have like to know what I know now much earlier. :lol: