6 similarity between Clinton and Ivanka's email excuses

Sapidus

One would think that after all the attention brought to Clintons email Ivanka would have be careful but instead she chose to be equally careless.

Seems to me you need to either be outraged by both or be outraged by neither

The emails were still captured, as required by law

Clinton:
"The vast majority of my work emails went to government employees at their government addresses, which meant they were captured and preserved immediately on the system at the State Department."

Ivanka's lawyer's spokesman:
"... no emails were ever deleted, and the emails have been retained in the official account in conformity with records preservation laws and rules."

None of this was classified

Clinton:
"I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material."
*An inspector general later determined there was some classified material, but it was not marked as classified when Clinton emailed it.
"... there was never classified information transmitted..."

A lot of this stuff is about weddings and yoga, logistics and scheduling

Clinton, while explaining why thousands of emails were deleted, something we are told Ivanka Trump did not do:
"I chose not to keep my private personal emails — emails about planning Chelsea's wedding or my mother's funeral arrangements, condolence notes to friends as well as yoga routines, family vacations, the other things you typically find in inboxes."

"Ms. Trump sometimes used her private account, almost always for logistics and scheduling concerning her family."

Their lawyers decided which emails were personal and which were for business

Clinton:
"We went through a thorough process to identify all of my work-related emails and deliver them to the State Department. At the end, I chose not to keep my private personal emails."

Washington Post report on Ivanka Trump:
"After discovering the extent of her email use in September 2017, White House lawyers relied on Lowell, Ivanka Trump's attorney, to help review her personal emails to determine which were personal and which were official business, according to the (sources)."

Both did things other people do

Clinton:
"I saw it as a matter of convenience, and it was allowed. Others had done it. According to the State Department, which recently said Secretary (John) Kerry was the first secretary of state to rely primarily on a state.gov email account."

"Like most people, before entering into government service, Ms. Trump used a private email."

Both immediately responded to requests

Clinton:
"The State Department sent a letter to former secretaries of state, not just to me, asking for some assistance in providing any work-related emails that might be on the personal email. And what I did was to direct, you know, my counsel to conduct a thorough investigation and to err on the side of providing anything that could be connected to work. They did that, and that was my obligation. I fully fulfilled it, and then I took the unprecedented step of saying, 'Go ahead and release them, and let people see them.'"

"When concerns were raised in the press 14 months ago, Ms. Trump reviewed and verified her email use with White House Counsel and explained the issue to congressional leaders."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/politics/ivanka-trump-hillary-clinton-email-explanations/index.html

MiddleGround

Which side do you fall on regarding this?

1) Ivanka did the same bad things as Clinton so... they should BOTH go to jail for a long time.

2) Ivanka did the same stupid things as Clinton so... they should BOTH be given a pass.

Keep in mind that Ivanka was NOT our Secretary of State during all of this :coffee:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Turns out most of that garbage Clinton put out was lies...practically every single line.

And Ivanka Trump did not have a private server..did not destroy one..did not destroy personal devices with a hammer..did not delete over 30,000 emails...

Sapidus

Which side do you fall on regarding this?

1) Ivanka did the same bad things as Clinton so... they should BOTH go to jail for a long time.

2) Ivanka did the same stupid things as Clinton so... they should BOTH be given a pass.

Keep in mind that Ivanka was NOT our Secretary of State during all of this :coffee:

NO even worse she had a very unclear and unusual appointment where she was completely unqualified for any Govt position but given one over night due to nepotism.

I believe personally that both showed poor judgement and should have followed the rules to a T but at the end of the day should face whatever fines or wrist slaps they deserve.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
NO even worse she had a very unclear and unusual appointment where she was completely unqualified for any Govt position but given one over night due to nepotism.

Just like Valerie Jarret, then. Say..you ever notice how similar Ivanka's resume is to Jarret's? Amazing.

This_person

I believe personally that both showed poor judgement and should have followed the rules to a T but at the end of the day should face whatever fines or wrist slaps they deserve.

One possibly jeopardized PII, the other routinely dealt in Top Secret information on a server with Chinese spying software on it.

I agree, each should receive the penalty they each deserve.