Chief Justice Roberts defends judiciary in rare statement after Trump criticism

awpitt

Main Streeter
It's pretty bad when the Chief Justice has to go to this extent.....

Chief Justice John Roberts made a rare statement on Wednesday pushing back against President Donald Trump after the President again went after federal judges.
"We do not have Obama judges or Trump judges, Bush judges or Clinton judges," Roberts said. "What we have is an extraordinary group of dedicated judges doing their level best to do equal right to those appearing before them. That independent judiciary is something we should all be thankful for."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/21/politics/supreme-court-john-roberts-trump/index.html

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I agree. There are some activist judges out there..but picking a fight with the judicial system isn't going to help anything.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Justice Roberts is just sticking up for his peeps. The appellate courts were not designed to be partisan activists who only block Presidents of one party. That is definitely NOT an "independent judiciary".

Hijinx

If Justice Roberts does not believe that Judges have bias he is terribly naive'.
Certainly his statement is what is expected for the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court to say, but in reality he is full of crap.

And he knows it.

Chief justice Roberts has been a big disappointment since he knowingly provided an excuse for Obamacare.
A nightmare?? I wouldn't say that but he knows the political situation is there and denying it is BS.

Hijinx

Midnightrider

Fun fact about the 9th Circuit Court: 79% of their decisions get overturned by the Supremes. Here it is from uber liberal Politi"fact", so the progs should have no problem believing it:

https://www.politifact.com/punditfa...-circuit-isnt-most-overturned-court-country-/

IMO, when a court has that kind of judicial record, the judges need to be removed and replaced.

Fun fact, you are wrong yet again

The majority of cases ruled on by the 9th are not heard by scotus. So no, they are not overturned on 79% of their decisions. SCOTUS has overruled them on 79% of the cases scotus has chosen to take up, but that is a very different thing. Not to mention scotus overrules on about 70% of the cases they take overall

Hijinx

The majority of cases ruled on by the 9th are not heard by scotus. So no, they are not overturned on 79% of their decisions. SCOTUS has overruled them on 79% of the cases scotus has chosen to take up, but that is a very different thing. Not to mention scotus overrules on about 70% of the cases they take overall

If 9th. Circuit are wrong so often, perhaps SCOTUS should take up more of their cases.
Perhaps they are really screwing over a lot more people than we realize.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

. Lmao. So let me guess this right..they are nearly always wrong every time their decisions go to the next level. And you think that’s a good thing.

You would.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

So in your "mind" that means they don't have a poor record?

Okay.

transporter

. Lmao. So let me guess this right..they are nearly always wrong every time their decisions go to the next level. And you think that’s a good thing.

You would.

Hey Stupid...did you read the post? No? No kidding!

You know I understand why Hijinx is so ignorant....his learning curve stopped when he was 2.

YOU claim all this business acumen and post high school education...and yet you can't read. As I have said before, you really need to go back to that correspondence school that you attended and demand your money back.

Oh...for clarity...since you can't understand...MR's point was that 70% of ALL cases heard by SCOTUS are overruled. I have no idea if that is correct. However, MR. offered no opinion on 9th circuit...he only gave facts (didn't back them up though) Facts are something else an educated person should understand....

Midnightrider

So in your "mind" that means they don't have a poor record?

Okay.

In my mind it means you don’t understand English or math.

You know I understand why Hijinx is so ignorant....his learning curve stopped when he was 2.

YOU claim all this business acumen and post high school education...and yet you can't read. As I have said before, you really need to go back to that correspondence school that you attended and demand your money back.

Oh...for clarity...since you can't understand...MR's point was that 70% of ALL cases heard by SCOTUS are overruled. I have no idea if that is correct. However, MR. offered no opinion on 9th circuit...he only gave facts (didn't back them up though) Facts are something else an educated person should understand....

The 70% number was straight from Vs source. The reality is that scotus only takes up cases they are likely to overturn. If they agree with the lower court’s decision they just don’t heat the case. Less that 0.1% of the 9ths are taken up by scotus. Only the sheep like V think 79% of their cases are overturned.

But that’s was a 13th grade education will get ya.

BOP

Hey, Gil, I just gotta say it: your gf, Tranny, is kind of turning me on with this kind of talk.