Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So what are you all doing today? Monello and I are grilling steaks and asparagus with pretzel rolls, and I have wine and a small pumpkin pie for dessert.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Happy Thanksgiving!

Foxhound smoked the turkey - first time we've ever done that. It came out very tender & juicy. A little more smokey than we really would like, though.

I homemade all the sides: bread stuffing, roasted veggies (parsnips, green beans, brussels sprouts & sweet potatoes) kale, gravy & cranberry sauce, but I cheated and bought a bakery cherry pie from Safeway & some Hawaiian dinner rolls. Although, I did make whipped cream for the pie. :yum: I didn't have off yesterday, and I don't like slaving myself to death baking all night & day. :lol:

Just a small dinner for the us and the boys. Thing2 worked until 6am this morning at his PGFD station, but then he also volunteers, and got a call this afternoon and had to heat his dinner up. It's all good, though - he's doing what he loves. :yay:

frequentflier

happy to be living
My husband had the turkey basting in a brine solution all day yesterday. Today he smoked in the Traeger and was moist and good but I think I prefer the "traditional" turkey in the oven; in a cooking bag. I made dressing, squash, broccoli salad and brussel sprouts. Since it was just the two of us, it was low key and not very fancy!

It was a nice day with some relaxation and movie watching- a rarity for us.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. On every day of our lives, we have much to be grateful for :huggy:

CPUSA

I took the day to reflect on all of Brony's intelligent, well thought out responses to Comrade Gurps' posts.