Maryland football

GregV814

Okay, I know I will be slammed and damned over this but maybe some agree but are afraid of the P C Police. Tragically, a student football player for the Terps died during a workout in June. I cannot imagine how his loved ones feel and the staff can get over it. Having said that, it has become the focus of the teams play this fall and the key talking point for all sports announcers.
Every year an athlete in some sports suffers a life threatening injury or worse, playing. Some are undiagnosed aliements or merely sports related broken bones. But at what point should it stop being the key focus, rather than focusing on the abilities of the others?

Grumpy

Okay, I know I will be slammed and damned over this but maybe some agree but are afraid of the P C Police.

Lots I could say but in this day and age, I find that some are more equal than others, and when they say someone must pay, they end up paying. And to be clear, I am addressing this to the UMD situation over the past 30 some years and probably uoff topic from your post.

PeoplesElbow

Generally with teams that something like this happens to they do that.

Rutgers football was similar after Eric LeGrand was paralyzed in a game. Loyala Marrimont did the same when they had a player collapse and die during a game.