Revelation 14 Angelic Last Call

seekeroftruth

Revelation 14:6 Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people. 7 He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”​

Oh I can tell you straight up. The last time I heard a preacher do a sermon on these verses... it was back in the 70's in Florida. This is the same preacher who believed that the KJV is the only V. But he did get this sermon right, I think, because he told us that these verses tell us that everyone is going to get to hear the gospel. An angel, not tied to earth, will warn us to listen.

Here is the commentary from amazingdiscoveries.org.

The Three Angels’ Messages: The three angels brought to view in this next section have messages of utmost importance for the world. They are God’s last call to the world before Christ comes as portrayed in verse 14.

The First Angel’s Message: This angel has the “everlasting gospel” to preach “to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people.” The attacks of Satan had so weakened God’s true church that to all appearances the gospel commission, to take the good news to the whole world (Matthew 28:19-20), could ever be fulfilled; but God’s purposes will go forward to completion. In the early 1800s God worked through faithful men to create a mighty advancement in spiritual fervor. This hastened the good news of the gospel forward by leaps and bounds throughout the world. Christ prophesied that “this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all world…and then shall the end come.” Matthew 24:14.

This is the judgment that was described in Daniel 7:9-10. The purpose of the judgment is to vindicate God’s people and condemn the powers that are persecuting them. It is often called the pre-advent judgment, in which the books of record are investigated, to determine the fate of each professed believer in God. In the 1820s Godly men around the world began preaching the message, “The hour of His judgment is come,” applying it to the second coming of Christ, and setting the time around 1844. God’s hand was in the movement, and by 1844 the message had been taken to a significant portion of the world. In America, William Miller advanced this message to a point of great prominence. However, the appointed time came and Jesus did not come and deliver His people. These earnest Christians suffered a terrible disappointment similar to what Jesus’ disciples suffered when their hopes for an earthly kingdom ended with the death of their Master on the cross. The advent believers soon discovered their mistake; they found that the cleansing of the Heavenly Sanctuary, which began in 1844, announced the beginning of the Pre-advent Judgment, not the second coming of Christ.

The angel bids mankind the “worship” God as the Creator of all things. Contrasts this with the warning against worshiping the beast and his image in the third angel’s message. The first four commandments of the Decalogue (Exodus 20:3-11) are at issue here. The beast’s demand for worship is a violation of the first commandment: “Thou shalt have no other gods before me.” Exodus 20:3. Worshiping an image is a violation of the second commandment against the worship of images. Exodus 20:4-5. The first angel specifically cites the Sabbath commandments “worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea.” Exodus 20:8-11. Thus the command of worship God applies to keeping the first our commandments, especially the Sabbath command, which is a memorial of creation. Exodus 20:4-11.​

Well that's a long winded way to say "nothing is more important than your relationship with God". When this first Angel is done... there won't be an excuse. Humans will be able to choose the mark of the beast or stand for God. Humans will be required to choose a side.

Here's the commentary from the easy English site.

John saw the first of three angels. The angel was flying in the sky above the earth. The angel came to tell people about the plans of God. God said that his people should have eternal life. This is good news to all who believe God’s words. And they will serve God. The angel made certain that all the peoples of the earth heard him. Every person had the opportunity to hear the good news.

The angel called all people to repent while there was time. This was their last chance. Soon it would be too late.

This is the message that the angel brought. All people must be afraid of God and everyone must give him honour. They must respect him as the Lord of all. They must know that he is the God of all power.

The people were surprised at the power of the beast. But God is so much more powerful than the beast. And God will be the judge of each person. The time had almost come when he would do this. Those who oppose God cannot expect a happy future.

God made the heavens and the earth. He made the seas and the rivers. God made the whole world, and it belongs to him. So, all people ought to worship him. They should turn to God and they should serve him alone.​

Last Call.... get your Salvation now.... or spend the rest of this Book of the Bible...lumped in on the demise of the dragon and the two beasts.

Oh if ever some verses demand a preaching... I would think these would be the verses to site. The problem I see with this... it's really very late. Let's face it, by the time this angel gets to preach... So many have already died. I mean a third of everything has been utterly destroyed. There is little or no water, food, or shelter. People have been bug bitten and begged to die. Meteors have hit earth! Anyone who hasn't begged God for help by now.... probably isn't going to get right with God now.... but then again... there is almost always one drunk who takes last call.... so there might be one human who needs this last call.

Wow... It just occurred to me... some people really would choose a drink at this last call. I can just hear them now... "Oh hell barkeep....another round".

:coffee: