Revelation 14 Babylonian Fall

seekeroftruth

Revelation 14:8 A second angel followed and said, “‘Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great,’[a] which made all the nations drink the maddening wine of her adulteries.”​

a. Revelation 14:8 Isaiah 21:9

Amazingdiscoveries.org takes us all the way back to the tower of Babel. I wonder if they were watching "veggie tales", thinking of babbling on Babylon....

The Second Angel’s Message: Because God mixed up the people’s language at the tower of Babel, the term “Babylon” has come to mean confusion. See Genesis 11:1-9. The ancient kingdom of Babylon took God’s people captive and has long been recognized as the enemy of God’s truth and of His people. Jeremiah 50-51. God uses the term here as reference to the doctrinal confusion in the modern churches. The announcement that “Babylon is fallen” refers to their departure from Bible truth. This message was first preached in the summer of 1844 to the churches of the United States, where the warning of the judgement had been most widely proclaimed and most generally rejected. But the message of the second angel did not reach its complete fulfillment in 1844. In a larger sense, “Babylon” encompasses all the system of false religion in the world. Revelation 17:4, 5; 18:2.​

This little summary is from Bible.org.

Today we are seeing the rise and formation of international and multinational commerce, not merely commerce between nations but international commercial ties which control the governments and political powers within those nations. This involves a mystery of lawlessness, a spiritual adultery that has existed among the nations since the times of Nimrod to some extent, but which will reach its zenith in the Tribulation. More details will be covered on this subject religiously and politically in chapters 17 and 18 where the fall of Babylonianism will be described in more detail by John.​

One thought continues to plague me after reading these verses and commentaries. The first angel brought a last call. Now this second angel announced the fall of Babylon. This angel is saying.... "cut it out!!! It's over!!!!".

Sometimes, I've noticed, people continue to fight after the battle is over. They just won't give up. It's definitely a problem with cancer patients. I've read numerous accounts from cancer patients saying they are "waiting for the other shoe to drop". When that shoe does drop.... they're ready with dukes up. But I see something much more sinister in these verses. I see the fake preachers preaching their fake sermons more fervently. Satan only has a few more seconds [in God's plan] to bring more stupid humans into his fold. The last call has been given....

The girls all look prettier at closing time. Satan has dressed up his fakes and they're out there trying to pick up that last soul before the window closes.

:coffee: