Carpet Repair?

Bought a house 2 years ago that had new carpet installed in every room. Two years later, the carpet has bunched up in the middle of every room

Anyone have a contact that will come out to restretch carpet? In Leonardtown area... TIA!

littlelady

God bless the USA
Bought a house 2 years ago that had new carpet installed in every room. Two years later, the carpet has bunched up in the middle of every room 

Anyone have a contact that will come out to restretch carpet? In Leonardtown area... TIA!

My hub’s bf from high school has been in the carpet biz forever, but he is in Damascus. If you get no answer to your dilemma, PM me. Maybe, Frank can help you or give you a referral.

Goldenhawk

Call Parran's Flooring in Leonardtown. I've been working with Eddie for years and they do excellent work at reasonable prices.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Call Parran's Flooring in Leonardtown. I've been working with Eddie for years and they do excellent work at reasonable prices.

Would they also be able to fix a few carpet patches if, say.....a cat decided to use some spots as a scratching post? I have a huge section of the same carpet, leftover in my basement from initial install. Couple spots on the stairs, one area around a door frame... :whistle:

side note: also looking for someone to make a pair of slippers out of said cat.

( :sarcasm: )

steppinthrax

Bought a house 2 years ago that had new carpet installed in every room. Two years later, the carpet has bunched up in the middle of every room

The reason why that has happened is because the carpet wasn't properly stretched upon installation. You can usually rent a carpet stretcher and fix that type of situation. Otherwise someone can do that for you. You shouldn't need replacement.

The reason why that has happened is because the carpet wasn't properly stretched upon installation. You can usually rent a carpet stretcher and fix that type of situation. Otherwise someone can do that for you. You shouldn't need replacement.

That what I’m hoping for; to find someone to come out and restretch it.

1stGenSMIB

I'll second Parran's, but I just bought a cheap Harbor Freight carpet stretcher and used that. You can rent one too. Do NOT get the kicker style (your knees will thank you), get the pole style that has a lever on it. If you can, stretch it toward a wall with a baseboard, so you can just slide the extra carpet underneath..if you go to say, a threshold, or where it might butt up against hardwood or other flooring, you might have to trim it..which is a PITA, and use a fresh blade on the knife.
For areas where the stretcher is too short, you can easily extend it with something like a 2x4 to the other side of the room.

Last edited:

RodRugg

This happened at my grandma's house a lot and the carpet guy said it was all because my grandma would always come in a room as fast as she could and suddenly stop right in the middle of the room. They stretched all the carpets out the old-fashioned way with Cransom straps tied to a small horse and marauder boots to kick the overlap to the corners and under the grip rails. The carpet is so tight now it is almost like a trampoline. He also showed my grandma how to come and go without causing all the bunching. That guy's name was Stretch Stoltz but I think that probably wasn't his real name. Anyway he died out in the snow last year when he lost his house key but I think his son now runs the business out of his house in Morganza.

This happened at my grandma's house a lot and the carpet guy said it was all because my grandma would always come in a room as fast as she could and suddenly stop right in the middle of the room. They stretched all the carpets out the old-fashioned way with Cransom straps tied to a small horse and marauder boots to kick the overlap to the corners and under the grip rails. The carpet is so tight now it is almost like a trampoline. He also showed my grandma how to come and go without causing all the bunching. That guy's name was Stretch Stoltz but I think that probably wasn't his real name. Anyway he died out in the snow last year when he lost his house key but I think his son now runs the business out of his house in Morganza.

...I have no idea whether I’m supposed to take this post seriously or not