• wingedcat.jpg
    wingedcat.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 126
J

justhangn

Ken King said:
Is it a Chernobyl kitty?
:shrug: Very possible.

I've seen several cats around this area with two paws on the front legs, this cat just has them coming out it's back. :lmao:

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
justhangn said:
:shrug: Very possible.

I've seen several cats around this area with two paws on the front legs, this cat just has them coming out it's back. :lmao:

I think the cats with the extra paws(toes) are called Hemingway cats. I used to have one. The kids named him thumbs because he looked like he had extra thumbs.

Toxick

Splat
Ken King said:
Is it a Chernobyl kitty?

It was the cat which was supposed to be the next step in the evolutionary chain. Had these people not killed this cat - this single cat - in 15 years, winged cats would have taken over as the dominant lifeform on this planet.

Thank God they killed it.

Toxick

Splat
mixallagist said:
I think the cats with the extra paws(toes) are called Hemingway cats. I used to have one. The kids named him thumbs because he looked like he had extra thumbs.

Also called Polydactyl cats. Hemingway had a thing for these cats. They're supposedly good luck and they're really good mousers. I've heard that they're also much more intelligent than other cats.

Did your cat seem extra-smart?

I've also heard that they are clumsier than other cats, but the extra thumbs are prehensile and they use them to grab things like racoons do, and they can open doors.

I've never actually seen one of these cats (although they're supposedly not that rare), much less adopted one, so I don't know any of this firsthand.