Chic fella!!!!!

glhs837

Power with Control
Judging by the one here in St Marys, that might be the last open spot for the next five years....

officeguy

Judging by the one here in St Marys, that might be the last open spot for the next five years....

Zoning doesnt seem to require nearly enough parking spots from them. The one in LaPlata is next to a strip mall with plenty of parking. There is always foot traffic back and forth to the strip mall parking lot.

glhs837

Power with Control
Zoning doesnt seem to require nearly enough parking spots from them. The one in LaPlata is next to a strip mall with plenty of parking. There is always foot traffic back and forth to the strip mall parking lot.

To be fair, they seems to have as much parking as any other fast food joint. Canr see how zoning could say "BK has hve 20 spot, you too Macs, but CFL, you guys are required to have 50 spots"

Goldenhawk

Why is it so hard for other businesses (lookin' at you, Ruby Tuesday and Cheeseburger in Paradise) to understand that if you offer consistently high-quality food at good prices with friendly employees in a clean building, you'll have tons of business?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why is it so hard for other businesses (lookin' at you, Ruby Tuesday and Cheeseburger in Paradise) to understand that if you offer consistently high-quality food at good prices with friendly employees in a clean building, you'll have tons of business?

I started to say, "Wait, aren't they gone?" :lol: :doh:

PeoplesElbow

Ruby Tuesday was a corporate level thing, many closed up across the US.

catlingirl

I went by the Chik fila in PF last night around 9:30 and there was a long line of cars for both ordering lanes. I wonder if it was like that all day.

nobody really

I need a nap
I went by the Chik fila in PF last night around 9:30 and there was a long line of cars for both ordering lanes. I wonder if it was like that all day.

i drove by this am around 550 and it looked like people camping out.

(although it may have been bags of mulch....hard to tell).

Goldenhawk

Ruby Tuesday was a corporate level thing, many closed up across the US.

Clearly you didn't eat there anytime in the last year or so before they failed. Maybe you don't recall the FB post revealing some of the horrid stuff in the kitchen there. It was NASTY, nasty, nasty. They closed because they were underperforming, and for good reason.

Grumpy

There’s still one in PF

yeah, but don't eat there unless you're planning for a colonoscopy the next day. It'll clean you out.

For the life of me, I don't know how that place has lasted this long. Last time I was in there, the service was horrible, the attitude of everyone working that was surly and the food was less than average. I wrote an email to corporate about their drink prices (9.50 for a grey goose and soda) and got a super snarky reply. (Ruby Tuesday prides itself on pouring a great drink). Haven't been in there in years but I have yet to hear anyone say it's improved.

officeguy

For the most part because they are not as picky with their franchisees as the Cathys are. Most franchisors only care that the check for the initial franchise fee clears. The Chic Fella doesn't charge a big fee up front, he takes his cut along the way. So their interest is in finding franchisees who are able to make the place successful for the long haul.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Who camped out?

Certainly not me! :lol: The marketing for CFA is great, and this is a great idea to promote business, etc. It seems as if everyone in the town of PF was all abuzz about Chick-fil-A last Friday!! I live AND work in PF, and everyone was talking about it. :lol:

Thing1 had an interview at the hospital & he and his job coach we're even given free CFA cards for a meal. He's had 2 meals there, so far. :ohwell:

(Lookout - I am getting on my Debbie Downer soapbox!)

A gal I know from work took a day off leave and camped out with her bf overnight. Got their Chick-Fil-A (#1sandwich meal deal)52 meals for a year card! (Basically, 1 a week)

Granted, all the campers were treated like royalty, given hot coffee or tea, or hot cocoa and they were fed (CFA) breakfast, lunch & dinner during the 24 hrs, allowed to eat INSIDE, and even allowed the use of bathrooms for breaks. So that's cool.

So then, my co-worker friend bought her first breakfast there the next morning, used her free meal card @ dinner that day and even had lunch there the following work day! (Friday)

I don't care how good or how pure/whole meat their chicken is - THAT is too much! CFA is still FF and it is loaded with sodium!!! :jameo:.

Ok, I do like their chicken, don't get me wrong. I might eat their nuggets or 1 sandwich by choice once in a blue moon, but that is it. I steer clear from FF whenever it is possible.I don't care what other people do (just Thing1--I help him make informed choices) - I just think people should realize that food has a ton of sodium in it! :cds:

I'm ALL for capitalism, and I have nothing against the American dream, NOR someone making a living with a business. The chicken is very good, and they have some pretty cool alternative sides to offer, as well as grilled chicken options. Just drink a ton of water with it and afterwards to help flush all that sodium out! :lol:

(/Rant). :biggrin:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It was. :yay:. I drove by a few times on my errands out and about Sat. It was like you described when we went to Mamma Lucia's for dinner & when we left.

*Sometimes,we go to ML for pizza since they are housemade and very inexpensive! But, last night we had their dinner salads with grilled shrp (Foxhound) and grilled chicken, (me).