If I'm not the only Geek

K

Kain99

For any other Geeks who must have a book in her possesion at all times... I have a great suggestion, Read: The Simple Truth by David Baldacci it's a killer! :cheers:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Thank ya, honey! I'm a fellow book geek so I'm always looking for new reading material. I'm wading through "Omerta" by Mario Puzo right now (an oldie) and it's not catching my attention. I'll ditch it and get the Baldacci book instead.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Kain...you are not the only book geek! :smile:

Have you ever read any of V.C. Andrews. There is a series that I love. Its great.

I will check that book out

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by watercolor23
Kain...you are not the only book geek! :smile:

Have you ever read any of V.C. Andrews. There is a series that I love. Its great.
I used to read all of those too. But to me it seems that after she died and the ghost author took over, the stories were recycled and the names and situations changed.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I may or may not started that one. I think the last I started was the Butterfly series and found that I just couldn't stomach it anymore. Heck, I hardly even have time to get through a stack of magazines!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by RoseRed
Heck, I hardly even have time to get through a stack of magazines!
Same here, so I cancelled most of those. I still find time to drool over the centerfold of the gun mags though. :wink:

TRUE STORY! :razz:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Sharon
Same here, so I cancelled most of those. I still find time to drool over the centerfold of the gun mags though. :wink:

TRUE STORY! :razz:
What were they wearing? :biggrin:

Well, I'm just sayin.... :razz:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I like the "Left Behind" series.
I recently read a book called "The Second Son" that was a real page turner.
I'm also a big fan of Dean Koontz, Clive Cussler, and Michael Crichton.

K

Kain99

Really Sleuth? Dean Koontz is the best! i have read every single book he has ever written. Right now I'm finishing "Flesh and Blood" by Johnathan Kellerman. I don't recomend it. Too much Flesh and not enough Blood!

K

Kain99

Read Patricia Cornwell forever.... It's been about a year since I've picked up one of her books. *Thanks for the reminder*

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
another geek

:nerd: hey all , I confess ... I am a fellow book geek :blushing: give me a good book any day over television :smile: anyways, just had to tell ya that ...lol... HOWEVER my current taste in books apparently isn't the same as most of y'all here ... right now I am reading a lot of "romance/suspense" books, got the newest Nora Roberts ( my all time favorite romance author ) book " Chesapeake Blue " for Xmas ... its the conclusion of a trilogy ... I also love the newer stuff by Jude Deveraux ( The Mulberry Tree and The Summerhouse were both excellent ) Maeve Binchy and Barbara Delinsky are other faves too :biggrin: any other fellow romance book fans out there ?

K

Kain99

Hey Rane... My daughter loves the books that you read... Personally I go for the thrillers but I know plenty of people who love to snuggle down with a good romance.

I think one must have a romantic bone to read your stuff - which definitely rules me out! :smile:

red

i'm all about romance, but romance novels arent part of it. i've read quite a few, in my younger days, and have found that they're regurgitated nonsense. different names and places applied to the same old sappy story.

Taz

Hey Kain, if your into political thrillers, you might check out Vince Flynn. It is better to read the books in order, since characters introduced in one book appear in the next. First book I read was "Term Limits", then "Transfer of Power" and "The Third Option." Next book is "Separation of Power" which I'm going to pick up first time I see it.