Thread: 5g versus --- everything else

5g versus --- everything else

How competitive is 5g likely to be against the cable experience most of us have?

I am thinking this is a real game changer if it can consistently deliver better than 25-50 Mbps.
    IF I can get anywhere near this speed reliably - there's no need at all to keep the cable I have now.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    How competitive is 5g likely to be against the cable experience most of us have?

I am thinking this is a real game changer if it can consistently deliver better than 25-50 Mbps.
    IF I can get anywhere near this speed reliably - there's no need at all to keep the cable I have now.
    It'll be competitive but given the infrastructure needed for 5G (tons more antennas) it may take time for that to be the case and it'll be centralized to urban areas/cities for the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

No matter how fast it is there is only so much bandwidth available in the RF spectrum. Faster data requires more bandwidth than slower data.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Members who have read this thread: 23