Whiskey/Bourbon

NextJen

Raisin cane
Ok, I know it's not food or even nutritious, but I do enjoy trying new/good bourbons.

So, what is your favorite? I've tried a lot of good, and some not so good whiskeys.
One of my favorites (that I can never find anywhere) is Blanton's.

limblips

PREMO Member
I really like 8 Seconds but it is very hard to find in the east. Pendleton is a close second. There are better whiskies but they are great for the price.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Another good one is Woodford Reserve. Their Double Oaked version is even a bit better, but not a whole lot better for the price difference.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'm a Scotch gal, so can't really help with bourbon, unless we're talkin' Cherry Bounce, egg nog, or Mint Juleps. In which case, you can't really taste the bourbon so much.

Hannibal

Anyone ventured into infused bourbon? For a change of pace, make some bacon-infused bourbon. Easy to do. Adds a nice smoke/flavor to it. Can take a cheap/average brand and make it pretty good. Last bottle I did was some basic Beam Black and it was a hit. Have even done bacon-maple but you need to be careful or you can end up too sweet.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Anyone ventured into infused bourbon? For a change of pace, make some bacon-infused bourbon. Easy to do. Adds a nice smoke/flavor to it. Can take a cheap/average brand and make it pretty good. Last bottle I did was some basic Beam Black and it was a hit. Have even done bacon-maple but you need to be careful or you can end up too sweet.

Cherry Bounce is infused bourbon...or Rum, or Vodka...