Thread: Anybody tried Direct TV Now?

Anybody tried Direct TV Now?

I like the price and the channel lineup but I would like inputs from people who are familiar with it. Any problem with freezing, pixilation, slow, or other issues? TIA
    Being a left-handed conservative is tough. When somebody calls me a lefty I want to punch them.

Quote Originally Posted by limblips View Post
    I like the price and the channel lineup but I would like inputs from people who are familiar with it. Any problem with freezing, pixilation, slow, or other issues? TIA
    Never had a problem, but I dot have the Genie(?).
    I have individual DVR's, but I can watch any program recorded on any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWhat View Post
    Never had a problem, but I dot have the Genie(?).
    I have individual DVR's, but I can watch any program recorded on any of them.
    I do lose the HD signal during bad storms, but I switch to the SD channel and most of the time it will work.
    Does that help?

You lose the HD signal in bad storms? Direct TV Now streams from your router right? I guess I don't understand how it works. I thought it was a streaming thing.
    Being a left-handed conservative is tough. When somebody calls me a lefty I want to punch them.

I have DirectTV Now and I like it. Much better than Sling.
    Darling, if you want to talk bollocks and discover the meaning of life, you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey. At least that way, you're unconscious by the time you start to take yourself seriously. ......Patsy Stone ABFAB Goddess

It isn't difficult to make a mountain out of a molehill, just add a little dirt.

I guess the biggest challenge to us about switching to online streaming is the ability to watch any show in a given season,
    and watch it on any or most of our TVs. In addition - the ability to pause and restart LIVE TV.

Most of our inertia is finding something that will give us ALL of what we already have. We DO pay too much for cable,
    but I meet too much resistance when it comes to "can we binge watch the whole season of A Million Little Things" and not
    just the last five? Can I record the Ravens game, or partial record it and watch the beginning while the end is still playing?
    Can I find my shows I've recorded or want to watch at will as easily as searching through my DVR recorded list?

DVR is fast becoming dated technology but it's still damned convenient.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

Members who have read this thread: 42