Revelation 16 Deserved

seekeroftruth

Revelation 16: The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. 5 Then I heard the angel in charge of the waters say:

“You are just in these judgments, O Holy One,
you who are and who were;
6 for they have shed the blood of your holy people and your prophets,
and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve.”​

7 And I heard the altar respond:

“Yes, Lord God Almighty,
true and just are your judgments.”​

And everyone agreed....

This is from the amazingdiscoveries.org site.

The 3rd Plague—The Rivers Turn to Blood: The beast has “shed the blood of saints and prophets.” By worshiping the beast and receiving her mark, men become guilty of her crimes. They also prove themselves to be guilty of the same spirit which originated those crimes, supporting the death decree for God’s faithful people. Because the saints will not obey the end of time Sunday law, these evil men clamor for their blood—so God gives them “blood to drink.”

This commentary comes from discoverrevelation.com.

The Third Vial Judgment. Poured out his vial upon the rivers”: The third vial, a sequel to the second, carries with it an interesting explanation as to why God will permit it. God will destroy the only remaining sources of water, the rivers and fountains or springs of the deep, by letting them turn to blood.

“Third … vial … rivers and fountains of waters”: Fresh water, already in short supply because of the prolonged drought (11:6), will now suffer the fate of the oceans (compare Exodus 7:19), in addition to suffering from thirst, the worshipers of Antichrist will have no clean water with which to wash their sores.

Whether this means literal “blood”, is inconsequential, for if Christ can turn water to wine, He certainly can turn water to blood. What is significant is that it will become corrupt blood, which will breed disease and pestilence. One of the basic needs of humankind is water. Unless God provides water from another source or engineers by some process can turn this corrupted water into pure water, the world will be in a state of riot and confusion, seeking this necessity of life.

Notice here, this is not the people saying that God is righteous. This is the angel saying God is righteous. At no time do the people repent. The angel here is saying that this judgment that God has brought is justified. This God mentioned here is the great “I Am”.

It seems that blood in their water supply is in punishment for the blood of the saints and prophets. Throughout the ages, the world and its evil system has been opposed to God and His people. They deserve this punishment.

As bad as these judgments are, they are deserved. As it was said before, everyone likes to think of God as love, but few remember also, that He is the Judge of the world. Thank God His grace saved me. He is longsuffering, not willing that even one should perish. However, there is a day of reckoning when the God of the entire world will judge fairly. This seems to be that time.​

I didn't like it when I did wrong and had to go out to that switch bush in the front yard. I didn't like it when I got caught skipping school in San Juan, Puerto Rico. My dad was stationed there and the captain's kids and I were not always interested in going to school when some of the prettiest beaches in the world were a short publico ride away. When my mom and dad found out... they were livid. You know the captain's kids didn't get the brunt... they had the chief's kid to lay it on.... My dad used a belt... he almost killed me! But... he was in the right... if he had been more "civil" with the beating... I would have gone right back to my friends who were just waiting to go off, have "fun" and then let some other kid get the blame. So.... I totally understand the conversation.

I didn't notice at first... but the amazingdiscovery.org site is calling the beast "her" and "she" while in the first verse the commentary called the beast "it". Interesting?

:coffee:

Last edited: