Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: National Day of Mourning - Banks Open or Closd?

Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    Yes, those were the exceptions mentioned in the announcement, but she asked about the transfer stations/dumps.
    Not sure what announcement you are referring to as it is not mentioned in this thread. Many may not know what they consider county government functions are in fact closed today.

Quote Originally Posted by frequentflier View Post
    No disrespect meant but do the post office and government offices, credit unions, banks usually close when a past president passes away?

I am gonna be pissed if I don't get mail when Clinton or Obama die.

Yes, it is customary. GW Bush declared 2 days of mourning : 1 each for the passing of POTUS Reagan & Ford. Clinton declared 1 for Nixon and Nixon declared 1 for Truman.

(I googled that because I only rememberd 3 of the deaths, and was pretty sure this was a customary thing to do)
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/05/u...-mourning.html
    That makes him a hoot and 3/4!

Registered User acommondisaster's Avatar
    I know I'm a day late, but most websites give the hour and open/close status of any establishment. I think even my WAZE shows whether a place is open or closed.
    Chaos breathes life into routine.

Quote Originally Posted by acommondisaster View Post
    I know I'm a day late, but most websites give the hour and open/close status of any establishment. I think even my WAZE shows whether a place is open or closed.
    That makes him a hoot and 3/4!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The default used to be pressing "0" would bypass everything and go to a human.

No one leaves it like that anymore.
    Didn't you get the new user manual? ZERO means go back to the main menu. In fact any key not mentioned in the menu takes you to the main menu. No matter how hard you shout "OPERATOR" or "AGENT", it's just going to play the main menu until it cuts off your call.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Members who have read this thread: 70