Revelation 16 DARK

seekeroftruth

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony 11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.​

Are you afraid of the dark? I hope I never have to see how dark God can make things. I've seen a full moon that was so bright, it was like day, almost. I've seen skies loaded with so many stars.... it looked like they were almost touching each other..... I've winced hundreds and hundreds of times at the sunlight. I've seen some dark nights too. I know I've never seen a night as dark as God can make it. If God brings in the dark... it'll be so black you won't even know you have eyes anymore.

God's dark probably affects every single sense as well. They say you can smell and hear better when you can't see. I bet this dark is so dark it even affects our other senses.... leaving only sensation and instinct... pain and fear.

Amazingdiscoveries.org has a slightly different opinion.

The 5th Plague—Darkness on the Seat of the Beast: This plague is poured out on “the seat of the beast.” It fills “his kingdom” “full of darkness,” and causes “pain.” Those who worship the beast find that not only cannot protect them from these plagues, but that the beast itself smitten. The world has loved the darkness of error and hated the light of truth so God gives them darkness.

Those affected by these plagues “blaspheme” God “because of their pains and sores.” It is likely that these plagues are cumulative so that now they have sores, lack of water, scorching heat with drought and famine, and a painful darkness to deal with all at the same time.

This is from the easy English site.

The throne of the beast means all that he ruled. The whole of his kingdom became dark. There was no light. The dark was completely black. The darkness made the people’s pains feel much worse. So, the people bit their tongues because of the pain.

They had terrible pain, but the people would not turn from their sin. They knew that God ruled in heaven. But, they would not call out for God to help them. They would not praise him or serve him as their God. They cursed God because of all that they suffered.​

Come on.... Step out of the dark.... the drama will still be there when you get back... take a breath... say "Thanks Jesus, I needed that"... and relax. Jesus has this covered.... we won't have to see this darkest of dark.... Jesus has this covered.

Boy I'm preachy this morning. I must not like the dark.

:coffee: