Thread: Sewing Machine Recommendation

Sewing Machine Recommendation

Sew I have not visited the forums in awhile. I just pulled out my sewing machine for a little project I知 working on. I have a small inexpensive singer machine. I also have a vintage singer made in 1901 not quite operational at the moment.
    I知 thinking of getting another machine something heavy duty with a walking foot. Lots of machines out there just wondering what I need to look for. I知 looking at used machines. Like to stay below $500
    Forget RedBull I've got GOLD WINGS!

HATE IS THE POISON YOU CONSUME HOPEING SOMEONE ELSE WILL DIE

It has been many yeas since the ex and I tried to get her a good sewing machine. We found out the big names from the 50's and 60's were not the same as they were back them. Most sold out to foreign groups but allowed new owners to use same name. The quality went way down. We bought a Singer but played hell getting it fixed after about 6 hours of using it. Good Luck

I知 not oblivious to the idea of selling a brand name. I want advice on what machine is recommended

My ex wife was and still is a huge quilt person, we did the classic Singer 20+ years ago and it lasted 2 or 3 years. We then invested in two Husqvarna's that both are still running without any problems what so ever. I know she also has a Pfaff that she also likes. A good quality machine ain't cheap.
    No one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougstermd View Post
    Sew I have not visited the forums in awhile. I just pulled out my sewing machine for a little project I’m working on. I have a small inexpensive singer machine. I also have a vintage singer made in 1901 not quite operational at the moment.
    I’m thinking of getting another machine something heavy duty with a walking foot. Lots of machines out there just wondering what I need to look for. I’m looking at used machines. Like to stay below $500
    !

My mom has a vintage sewing machine and has taken it to the small shop next to Raley's home furnishings for repairs. If they are still there, it might be worth a call or visit as they may have what you need either new or refurbished. They may also be able to help you with yours.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

My wife has a very heavy duty Sailrite that has been bulletproof.
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    !

My mom has a vintage sewing machine and has taken it to the small shop next to Raley's home furnishings for repairs. If they are still there, it might be worth a call or visit as they may have what you need either new or refurbished. They may also be able to help you with yours.
    I don't think I've ever heard good things about that guy.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    I don't think I've ever heard good things about that guy.
    my limited experience with that shop has NOT been such that I would recommend them to anyone else.

Members who have read this thread: 25