Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ban Candy Canes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beachcat View Post
    does anybody EAT candy canes? i don't recall waking up on Christmas and grabbing a candy cane. the chocolate candy was the hot ticket. candy canes were blah
    I eat them but mostly after Christmas.

After I have used them to represent Christ at Christmas
    After the J is no longer needed, and after the liberals have sh1t themselves because they are a Christmas treat.

Blog Entries
    does anybody EAT candy canes? i don't recall waking up on Christmas and grabbing a candy cane. the chocolate candy was the hot ticket. candy canes were blah
    I used them for Christmas tree decorations.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

My kids eat the ever-loving #### out of candy canes.

I hang them on my Christmas Tree.

I go through 3-4 boxes replacing the ones they scarf up.
    --
    Well, it's been in your mouth for like, three hours. It feels like it's full of water.

The principal is correct..In Indiana, a candy maker wanted to make a candy that could be a reminder of Jesus Christ, so he made the Christmas candy cane. He started off with a stick of pure white hard candy. The white color symbolized the virgin birth and the sinless nature of Jesus, and the hard candy symbolized the solid rock which was the foundation of the church, and firmness of the promises of God.

The candy maker made the candy in the form of a J, which represented the name of Jesus and the staff of the Good Shepherds. He then stained it with three stripes which showed the scourging Jesus received, and symbolized the blood shed by Christ on the cross. When you break the cane, it reminds us that Jesus' body was broken for us. [\QUOTE]

https://www.spanglercandy.com/our-br...-canes/legends

You will notice - in all of these versions of the candy cane origin - the creator isn't NAMED.
    These kinds of origin stories have been circulating for several decades - but there are many of them.
    They all have the ring of urban legend and it's extremely likely that they're all false.

STRAIGHT candy sticks have been popular for a VERY long time - it's not inconceivable that someone put
    a hook on them to sell them as tree ornaments.
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

Like a lot of candy - they're incredibly SWEET and as such - they're awful. At least to me.

They do however make good swizzle sticks, especially in a bitter cup of hot chocolate.
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

There are also some pretty horrifying stories about how doughnuts came about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Dayum.... You're not only a racist, you're a racist Grinch!
    And it's actually a textbook response from someone on the left - not good for you, so it must be banned.
    As in, it doesn't matter what the people want - WE know better, and you'll do what you're told.

Which is the lens they see things from the right - if we think something is bad, they're certain we'll
    outlaw it, and if we think it's good, we will compel people to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    And it's actually a textbook response from someone on the left - not good for you, so it must be banned.
    As in, it doesn't matter what the people want - WE know better, and you'll do what you're told.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post

which is why this fits so well as a canned response:

Anyone or Anything that does not conform to YOUR World View is Either Ignorant, Uneducated, or Selfish
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

ďMoral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.Ē

Why are candy canes shaped like a J?

Name:  A654D500-9517-46D0-84B9-272257F827C7.jpeg
Views: 19
Size:  75.9 KB

Members who have read this thread: 65