To Smow, or not to Smow...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That is the question.

Weather reports say No.

Roads have been treated from about PF south to Solomons and 235 N towards Hollywood.

Thoughts?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Fear the "flurries" forecast!

It usually means a foot of flurries.

TPD

the poor dad
The dreaded 1-3 that turns into 3-5, then 5-7, then to some areas might get up to a foot...I've seen that dance before.

:cds: I don't have all of my plows installed yet!

That being said, I am a snow plow contractor for SMC highways. We have been called to head out this afternoon between 2 & 3 to start putting down salt on county roads.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Seems most are still unsure of how far North this thing will track. I'm in Northern Calvert and I'm betting there won't be much of anything here. Maybe some flurries and some on the grass. Time will tell!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I turned on The Weather Channel this morning and Jim Cantore is down in NC, so we have nothing to worry about here. :lol:

mdff21

Charles and St. Mary's are under a "Winter Weather Advisory". Maybe that's why Calvert pre-treated from 231 south.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Forecast I just looked at on Wunderground says no.

11 hours later, Wunderground has changed to 1 - 3 inches this afternoon and evening, but the temps do not fall below freezing until after the snow is predicted to stop.

We haven't had sustained below freezing weather to get consistent lower ground temperatures.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
11 hours later, Wunderground has changed to 1 - 3 inches this afternoon and evening, but the temps do not fall below freezing until after the snow is predicted to stop.

We haven't had sustained below freezing weather to get consistent lower ground temperatures.

You've been here awhile so you realize you just became this thread's buzz killer.

Richmond, VA just extended their snow timeline into Monday morning before it is expected to stop.