I miss Metrocast...a little bit...

imaref

When we still had Metrocast, almost every December we would get a pretty good internet speed boost. With Atlantic Broadband, offering great speeds and prices to new customers only, all I'm getting from them this December is a bucket of coal...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I wonder if this Sunday will be like last week, spot outages of TV and internet.

mitzi

I miss Metrocast. How can the service change so much, I don't understand. The internet service has steadily gone downhill. Sure Metrocast had issues at times, but nothing like ABB. The past few weeks have been ridiculous.

Bonehead

Off topic a bit but anyone else having intermittent issues with their Direct TV feed like random interference on the screen for short times ?

MiddleGround

Off topic a bit but anyone else having intermittent issues with their Direct TV feed like random interference on the screen for short times ?

Do you have their Wireless Genie 2 system? I get interference, screen freezes, and resets all the time. That wireless system is horrible!

As for ABB... they seem to be lowering the bar constantly.

I always liked metrocast. Lived here 17 years and just moved to a new place, had to transfer internet and it was a PITA. Was on hold at least 30 minutes every time I called, I couldn't get the speed and TV combo I wanted, they wanted to charge me more, etc.

Finally I got a decent lady on the phone who must have been a holdover from Metrocast, she helped me out and grandfathered me in to my old internet speed and price. Was real helpful, called me back to make sure everything was working. Of course, now I'm getting downloads of 20MB instead of 150...but that's another story.

Every other time I called with the move I would get young people on the phone who couldn't care less. But that is expected in a big corporation. In any other business sector that would ruin a company. If you don't treat your customers right or give them a perceived value they leave. Unfortunately with cable being a monopoly, even though the federal government doesn't believe it, they get away with it.

Loved the fact that Metrocast would have good customer service and decent internet. AtlanticBB sucks pretty bad at both, and are going downhill fast, and they probably don't care because they are locked into 20 year monopolies with municipalities and have 250,000 customers.

Oh, BTW AtlanticBB, the US's 9th largest cable company, is a subsidiary of Cogeco, Canada's 4th largest cable company.

mitzi

I always liked metrocast. Lived here 17 years and just moved to a new place, had to transfer internet and it was a PITA. Was on hold at least 30 minutes every time I called, I couldn't get the speed and TV combo I wanted, they wanted to charge me more, etc.

Finally I got a decent lady on the phone who must have been a holdover from Metrocast, she helped me out and grandfathered me in to my old internet speed and price. Was real helpful, called me back to make sure everything was working. Of course, now I'm getting downloads of 20MB instead of 150...but that's another story.

Every other time I called with the move I would get young people on the phone who couldn't care less. But that is expected in a big corporation. In any other business sector that would ruin a company. If you don't treat your customers right or give them a perceived value they leave. Unfortunately with cable being a monopoly, even though the federal government doesn't believe it, they get away with it.

Loved the fact that Metrocast would have good customer service and decent internet. AtlanticBB sucks pretty bad at both, and are going downhill fast, and they probably don't care because they are locked into 20 year monopolies with municipalities and have 250,000 customers.

Oh, BTW AtlanticBB, the US's 9th largest cable company, is a subsidiary of Cogeco, Canada's 4th largest cable company.

I haven't even bothered calling ABB yet. No point if this is a county wide problem and not just me. Metrocast did have good customer service reps, long waits on hold yes but the reps were good and very helpful.Metrocast did have outages but not as frequent as this is. Constant buffering is aggravating.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I haven't even bothered calling ABB yet. No point if this is a county wide problem and not just me. Metrocast did have good customer service reps, long waits on hold yes but the reps were good and very helpful.Metrocast did have outages but not as frequent as this is. Constant buffering is aggravating.

Have had intermittent signal drops on the TV this morning.

BernieP

Resident PIA
DTV or ABB Cable

I constanltly have dropped packets on the cable. Sound and picture drops for a second, like a hiccup.

BernieP

Resident PIA
DTV it has been going on for over a week.

I know weather can be a factor, but that's typically obvious. Before DTV was bought up by AT&T they would let you know if there were problems affecting transmission or downlink.
Have you checked your messages?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I miss having just 4 or 7 channels to watch. I miss Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, and Jacques Cousteau, ok not that much. Mostly the simplicity of having very few channels. The TV guild every Sunday to see in anticipation if a good movie or show was coming on that week. And really waiting to see the latest and greatest movie at the theater. As a matter of fact, think I'll just cut it all off, no cable or Dish. Yes still have the internet, but no downloading of shows or movies. If it's not free, doesn't go out over the airwaves for free, then I'm not gonna watch it. To hell with the monopolies.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Mostly we watch either WETA/UK or one of the 3 all "News" channels, TCM, AMC or one of the Music Choice channels the rest of the time.
One might think with modern computer capability, you could pay only for what you view.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Living room cable worked fine last night. Not so much in the bedroom. I kept getting the "Station will be available shortly" message. :ohwell:

imaref

Just a heads up--if you're having internet issues and need to call Atlantic Broadband for support, the number listed on their website is a NATIONAL number. If you want to get better service (local), the Atlantic Broadband customer rep told me that old Metrocast customers should use this number: 800-952-1001

kalmd

Do you have their Wireless Genie 2 system? I get interference, screen freezes, and resets all the time. That wireless system is horrible!

As for ABB... they seem to be lowering the bar constantly.

Hate the DirecTV genie system. Wish I had read all the negative reviews before we switched to it.