Revelation 17 Whore Mother

seekeroftruth

Revelation 17:3 Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. 5 The name written on her forehead was a mystery:

babylon the great

the mother of prostitutes

and of the abominations of the earth.​

6 I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.​

So if Mary was the Mother of the Messiah.... [just putting this out there....] isn't it possible that this is the mother of the dragon here on earth? Good mother... evil mother..... that sort of argument...... [just putting this out there... probably way way way off base].

This is the amazingdiscoveries input on these verses.

The main difference between the beast of Revelation 13 and the combined power represented by the beast and the woman here is that a distinction is made between the religious and political aspects of Papal power. The “scarlet colored beast” represents the governments. The woman—the apostate church—rides upon the beast, symbolizing the church controlling the state. In contrast to the pure church of Revelation 12 this woman is “arrayed in purple and scarlet…with gold” and jewelry.

She is a part of “Babylon,” the great city that Satan has set up in opposition to the New Jerusalem of God. The Roman Catholic Church has proudly styled herself as “The Mother Church,” but here she is called “The Mother of Harlots.” From the mother have come the various Protestant denominations which profess to be clean and pure, vehemently rejecting the corruptions of the Catholic Church. But these churches have shown a distressing tendency to follow their mother’s example of sacrificing truth and the approval of God and to seek the power of the state to enforce doctrine, and thus they choose to become harlots with their mother.

She is truly “drunk with the blood of the saints.” History records the deeds of the papacy as it used the state to persecute and kill millions of faithful Christians during the Dark Ages. The Catholic Church has disguised herself with humble apologies for these actions, but she has not changed. The same spirit of persecution with again be exhibited against God’s faithful children who will not drink the wine of her corruption just before the second coming of Christ.​

The problem is, the Book was written when John was dealing with Rome. There were no Protestants or Catholics... they were Believers and non-Believers. The commentaries, much like John, look at it through their own timeline. Since Jesus didn't return in John's time then there must be another "demon".... so why not the Roman Church. To an old gray haired woman with an online Bible and online commentaries.... this could be about ALL churches. I just have to remind myself.... Jesus already talked to John about how out of the seven churches, only one was really true... and they were hanging on by a thread at this point. People were afraid to go to church back in John's day. The Roman Government, and the Leaders in the Temple, didn't want all this talk about Jesus "raised from the dead". That was something John experienced first hand. He knew people who had been stoned to death for proclaiming Jesus is alive. John, himself, wrote this while exiled to the Island of Patmos. So it's natural that Paul would blame the Roman Government... and some humans would blame the Roman church.

REMEMBER though.... The only people on earth when the Seventh Bowl of the Seventh Seal is opened... are too stubborn or stupid to make the decision to follow Christ. They will follow anyone... and if a tempting morsel of woman [you know any woman Satan associates with in the woods is going to be hot... at least in the movies] is involved.... these stubborn stupid humans would flock to her.

There's not a commentary around to state this.... it's only my opinion.... but the whore.... IMHO>.......She's the bait to drag in the last of the humans. If these humans are so stubborn that they have endured all these seals, trumpets, and bowls... why would they come out to worship the beast unless they were tempted to do so.... and who better to tempt them.... but a beautiful whore in the forest.

Preachy this morning... I'll stop here...

:coffee: