The Daily Wire Interviews Dave Rubin

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
One of the leaders of the so-called Intellectual Dark Web (IDW), Dave Rubin has risen to prominence over the last five years as the host of "The Rubin Report" talk show, in which he engages in long-form discussions with political and cultural thinkers from across the ideological spectrum.

Flash forward to when I was a political science major in college and doing standup in New York City, then I was working at The Young Turks (TYT) network, which is a pretty far-Left progressive network. I'm hesitant to even call them a network – they're just a YouTube channel with a bunch of people that sit at a desk and pretend to know what they're talking about.

When I got there, I started seeing some other version of what I though was liberal – because these people weren't liberal. Everyone who opposed them was a racist or a bigot or a homophobe, and their answer for everything was always more power to the state, higher taxes, the state should do everything, and that had nothing to do with liberalism to me. There were also a couple moments along the road where I realized how the Left was really abandoning liberalism for progressivism, which are completely different things.

[clip]

To say you're "for women," it sounds good – I'm for women. Okay, I vote for women, but it means nothing because there are women who believe different things. When the Left say "We're for women," you have to ask, "Well, are you for Nikki Haley? You’re not for her, and she's an incredibly strong person who happens to be a conservative woman. You’re not for her; you’re not for Sarah Sanders." You’re "for women" that behave how you want them to behave. You're not for black people, because you're not for Candace Owens, you're not for Kanye West; you're for people who bow to you, and that's why this is an authoritarian movement. As someone who loves liberty, the only thing I think that can sustain us as a society is that individuals must all be treated the same. If you believe in that, then I’d say that there's nothing left on the Left for you.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/39203/exclusive-daily-wire-interviews-dave-rubin-frank-camp

Last edited: