Teachers Withhold Grades To Protest Confederate Monument

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Activists demanding the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill change their plans to house a Confederate monument in a campus building say teaching assistants and instructors have pledged to withhold more than 2,000 final grades unless their demands are met.

At least 79 teaching assistants and instructors have allegedly joined a “grade strike” to keep Chapel Hill from putting its “Silent Sam” monument in a campus center. A spokeswoman for the university could not verify the number of teachers or the number of grades withheld to a reporter for the Chronicle of Higher Education.

‘GRADE STRIKE’: Teachers Withhold Grades To Protest Confederate Monument

Hijinx

Activists demanding the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill change their plans to house a Confederate monument in a campus building say teaching assistants and instructors have pledged to withhold more than 2,000 final grades unless their demands are met.

At least 79 teaching assistants and instructors have allegedly joined a “grade strike” to keep Chapel Hill from putting its “Silent Sam” monument in a campus center. A spokeswoman for the university could not verify the number of teachers or the number of grades withheld to a reporter for the Chronicle of Higher Education.

‘GRADE STRIKE’: Teachers Withhold Grades To Protest Confederate Monument

I would be seeking a new college. This place is Sh1t.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Any employee that willfully chooses to NOT do their job should be immediately terminated.

officeguy

But tenure, you know the immunity from having to do your job. So punish the students because you don't agree with the admin.

Those are teaching assistants and instructors. While they may have union representation (its a state school), I doubt any of them have tenure.

Hijinx

If I were paying tuition and they were holding back my grades. I wouild sue the sht out of them,.
C/ya in court Mother Humper.