Finally...biparisan activity!!

transporter

Odd how this "article" never made it onto comrade GURPS list of items to post so the intelligencia of somd.com could form their own thoughtful decisions...

We are former senators. The Senate has long stood in defense of democracy — and must again.

Dear Senate colleagues,

As former members of the U.S. Senate, Democrats and Republicans, it is our shared view that we are entering a dangerous period, and we feel an obligation to speak up about serious challenges to the rule of law, the Constitution, our governing institutions and our national security.

We are at an inflection point in which the foundational principles of our democracy and our national security interests are at stake, and the rule of law and the ability of our institutions to function freely and independently must be upheld.

We are on the eve of the conclusion of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation and the House’s commencement of investigations of the president and his administration. The likely convergence of these two events will occur at a time when simmering regional conflicts and global power confrontations continue to threaten our security, economy and geopolitical stability.

At other critical moments in our history, when constitutional crises have threatened our foundations, it has been the Senate that has stood in defense of our democracy. Today is once again such a time.

Regardless of party affiliation, ideological leanings or geography, as former members of this great body, we urge current and future senators to be steadfast and zealous guardians of our democracy by ensuring that partisanship or self-interest not replace national interest

Bipartisan action...unfortunately taken by ex-Senators...on the CF that is Donald Trump.

Hijinx

Odd how this "article" never made it onto comrade GURPS list of items to post so the intelligencia of somd.com could form their own thoughtful decisions...

We are former senators. The Senate has long stood in defense of democracy — and must again.

Bipartisan action...unfortunately taken by ex-Senators...on the CF that is Donald Trump.

I think I counted 6 out of the bunch who were Republicans. Very bi-partisan.
The actual statement means nothing, it is written so no one can argue with content.
It's too bad it wasn't written 8 years ago.

Yep the Russians just landed a couple of Nuclear bombers in Venezuela probably as a favor to Donald Trump who they conspired with.
And some fools think the Russians helped Trump get elected.:sarcasm:
It gets more ridiculous every day this Mueller bullsh1t.

The real surprise to me was that ex-Senator traitors and criminals Hillary Clinton and John F'in Kerry didn't sign it.

SamSpade

And?

Does this actually SAY anything? It says to honor the rule of law. Don't be partisan.
To a leftie, it says Hey Republicans, screw Trump and kick him out. To anyone else, it says - bupkis.
That could just as well say, don't be a bunch of leftie dickheads and try to impeach him over a traffic ticket.

I wonder how many CURRENT senators or reps would be willing to sign on.
It's easy to throw a rock when you can't be injured.

SamSpade

Yep the Russians just landed a couple of Nuclear bombers in Venezuela probably as a favor to Donald Trump who they conspired with.

No one honestly looking at the facts can disagree that Trump has been harder on Russia than the last three Presidents.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Ah yes the Ad Hominem attack of implication that I am somehow guilty of deception because I did not post a specific article ... your obsession is alarming

Sorry Sugar Tits ;

1) that was published December 10 at 8:30 PM last night, I was busy playing video games
2) I that is behind a Paywall and I am out of Free Compost Articles for the rest of this month
3) I have barely had my coffee this morning and started reading

CPUSA