Revelation 17 Astonished

seekeroftruth

Revelation 17:6 When I saw her, I was greatly astonished. 7 Then the angel said to me: “Why are you astonished? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns. 8 The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

9 “This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits. 10 They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for only a little while. 11 The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction.​

Amazingdiscoveries.org is talking Rome again.

The beast has “seven heads and ten horns.” The seven heads are said to be “seven mountains on which the woman sitteth” (vs. 9) and “seven kings” (vs.10). These heads are the same as the ones on the dragon of Revelation 12 and the beast of Revelation 13. [/B]They represent the great world empires which Satan uses to persecute God’s people. Five of these powers which have been noted in the books of Daniel and Revelation are Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Pagan Rome and Papal Rome. At the end of time, the power of Papal Rome is greater than ever, her deadly wound is healed and she again strongly persecutes God’s people as in former years. The revived Roman Catholic Church unites with apostate Protestants and spiritists to form a religious-political entity that is supported by the governments of the world.

The historic center of Rome was built on seven hills and has been known since ancient times as the “City of Seven Hills.” The phrase “seven mountains on which the woman sitteth” also serves to link the “woman” with the city of Rome establishing her once again as the Roman Catholic Church.​

Enduringword.com flat-out refutes amazingdiscoveries.org claim.

The seven heads are seven mountains: Many quickly associate the seven mountains with Rome and the Papacy, because Rome is well known as the city on seven hills. Yet literally, the Greek word means mountains, not hills.

Many commentators – especially those who see all of Revelation fulfilled in history – regard the seven mountains as an irrefutable connection with Rome. Clarke is a good example of this when he writes, “This verse has been almost universally considered to allude to the seven hills upon which Rome originally stood.”

But in the Bible mountains are sometimes a figure of governments (such as in Daniel 2:35) and the city of Rome is built on hills, not mountains.​

Enduringword goes on to say....

The Catholic Review commented on this and said, “The unity of religion promoted by the Holy Father Pope John Paul II and approved by His Holiness the Dalai Lama is not a goal to be achieved immediately, but a day may come when the love and compassion which both Buddha and Christ preached so eloquently will unite the world in a common effort to save humanity from senseless destruction, and lead toward the light in which we all believe.”​

So.... when I heard that female preacher in the church in Prince Frederick tell me the plan... it wasn't toddler steps to this point? That female preacher told us... the church [meaning her particular church not all churches in general] wants to "stop" preaching "Jesus is the only way" in order to pull more people into the church and fill the coffers. She used terms like "inclusive" and "increasing income". When I called her on it.... this female preacher said "what if you are wrong"..... "what if Jesus isn't the only way?".... to which I replied... "what if YOU'RE wrong.... we're talking souls here".

Sure.... Jesus will let you into heaven because you've always been a good person.... always tried to do right.... People... they hung the guy on a cross, humiliated Him, and He hadn't done a thing wrong. He'll feel your pain.... but if you won't accept Him as your personal Savior.... well, then you may just be too stubborn or stupid to take Salvation over destruction. I'm preaching... I'm afraid for the people that believe being good is enough..... and I am afraid for people who will believe this female preacher just because she preaches in a "church".

I have to remember.... by the time this whore riding the dragon appears in the woods.... all the Believers are gone.... the only humans around are too stubborn and stupid to believe the truth.

:coffee: